Baby Corner

Old 12-22-10, 09:58 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 480.5%
Default Reconsidering...

having a 3rd child. Im I crazy? I had my heart set of being done after have 2 girls and sold all the baby stuff. DH always wanted to try for a 3rd, but told him hes crazy. He literally poured his heart out to me tonight(think the alcohol helped) telling me that he knows he wasnt there that much w/ our first and his getting punished for it b/c he sees how hes not as close to Kaitlyn as he is w/ Nicole. I think it helped that he was a SAHD when Nicole was in infant and giving him Saturday time w/ her while I took Kaitlyn to art class. I remember someone telling me that you will never regret having another child, but will regret if you dont. Im just scared right now. I guess since I make more $ and really dont think I can have 3 kids and still work FT. I really want to try for 3rd, but seriously thinks I will have to be committed.

Last edited by DanieH; 12-23-10 at 10:47 AM.

Old 12-23-10, 10:06 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 13%

Only you and your DH can decide what is best for your family. I will tell you that having a third is one of the best thing that has happened to our family. I am not just saying that because she is a girl either. I hope you will find comfort and peace in all your decisions.
Thank you Keepers!
DanieH (12-23-10)

Old 12-23-10, 10:21 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 480.5%

Well, thats why we would like to try one more time. If we have another girl, we will love her just the same, but DH would like the chance of having a son to carry the name. I think a big hesitation I have right now is I sold ALL the baby stuff. Only thing I have is the travel system, and who knows if I can use the car seat since its over 6 yrs old.

Old 12-24-10, 12:18 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 60.5%

LeAnn said it right. Only you and DH can decide. They don't recommend a car seat over 5 years old being used. Plus keep in mind that a new baby can be very expensive (diapers, wipes, formula, bottles, doctor bills, etc.) I hope you and your DH come to a decision and it's the perfect one for you!

Old 12-24-10, 05:18 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.5%

You would have to get a new car seat, but as for the other stuff there are lots of things that can help. If you breastfeed and/or pump you can save ALOT money there...and have another baby shower! My cousin thought she was done at two as well and then boom..ended up pregnant and they had gotten rid of everything. My family held a baby shower for her. and have a diaper drive- we got soooo many diapers for Hope we are still using them- we got some at Ryan's shower too. And, other than the carseat...there is great used stuff out there. Other than that, it's really a decision the two of you have to make together. Good luck!
Thank you Mark'sbabygirl!
DanieH (12-26-10)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools