Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Corner Cafe Ryan Turned One!!! (and a little update)

Ryan Turned One!!! (and a little update)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-30-12, 03:59 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Ryan Turned One!!! (and a little update)

My precious baby boy turned a whole YEAR old on Saturday! I can't believe he is already a year! He has taken 6 steps on his own so he is very close to walking. And ever since he hasn't had any frozen breastmilk he is sleeping through the night and is not fussy at all! Something in my breastmilk (most likely soy since I couldn't have dairy) must have been aggravating his reflux. He is tiny and his GI doc is a little worried that he isn't gaining enough weight (he's 17 lbs), but he is happy and healthy and meeting all of his milestones. And, he is growing in length and is wearing his size in clothes. Hopefully he gains some weight in the next few weeks or his GI doc might want to do an Endoscopy. We already checked him for food allergies and he has none so the doc might want to see if there is another reason he is not gaining weight. Anyway- his bday party was awesome and the adorable, happy look on his face while we were singing to him is something I will never forget!!
Hope is now 2 1/2 and is such an amazing little girl. Poor baby though- last week we ended up in the ER because she had a tummy bug and wasn't getting better- after a trip to urgent care on Sunday and then her regular Ped on Tuesday she seemed to be getting worse not better so we went to the ER. We waited 6 HOURS to get in (luckily she was feeling a little better by then) and then another 6 hours before we were home. They really put her through the mill- tried to Cath her twice with no result, she got an enema and fluids, they did x-rays AND a CAT scan. Ultimatley she was just painfully constipated. The virus had caused her to be so dehyrated that she got really backed up and had alot of pain. The enema and fluids did the trick (the CAT scan was to rule out appendicitis- thank goodness it wasn't that! They had to knock her out to do it and that made mommy nerrrvous!!). She is good as new now, thank goodness. It is just heartwrenching to see your child in pain! I also had my HSG and found out my tubes are fully blocked from the Essure procedure (woohoo) AND my first mammogram! What a month! And, of course this afternoon is Ryan's one year appt. I am REALLY sick of Dr.s and hospitals right now! But, am mostly just thankful that my babygirl is better and that my baby boy is a year old!!!!!

Old 01-30-12, 06:14 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

Oh poor Hope. 12 hrs in ER must have been horrible.

Ryan may just be a little guy. Leanna was only about 15lbs at 1yr. But since Ryan has had gastro issues I can understand why they may want to monitor him. Great news that he doesn't have food allergies! One less thing to worry about!

Old 01-31-12, 02:54 PM
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

We saw his regular Ped yesterday and he has gained more weight than we thought. For his Ped at 9 months he was 16.9 and is now 17.5. It isn't much, but at least he is gaining weight. His regular Ped said that if he is not experiencing any pain or discomfort, then he probably just has an intolerance to soy and doesn't really need the endoscopy. He said if he didn't continue to gain weight then he might need the test. I don't think he is going to though- he is so happy, active, and healthy!! Thanks Sharyn!

Old 01-31-12, 04:26 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Glad to hear your update! I know the ER stinks, especially that LONG time, but glad to know everything was okay!

I am sure Ryan is just an active little guy like mine! What did you end up deciding to do for your activity?

Old 01-31-12, 05:52 PM
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

It was decided at the last minute- but what we did was really fun! My parents bought a helium tank an it came with stickers to decorate the balloons with. It came with stickers to make a face on the balloons and hats too. The kids LOVED it! I do recommend 11 or 12 inch balloons (the helium tank came with 9 inch and I HATE those- they just don't look right!). We had an 18 month old all the way up to an 8 year old make one! GREAT idea!!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools