Baby Corner

Old 11-04-11, 06:37 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 44.29%
Default Sports practices

I know some of you saw me ask about bedtimes on f/b, and it wasn't really because they're not sleeping. I just found out that Josh will be having basketball practice from 7:30-8:30 on school nights! I think that is totally ridiculous, yet I can't take a team myself and neither can dh (nor do I have the expertise to) so I guess we have to go along with it.
I've just been so surprised about how late things have been. In the spring, they had tball games starting at 8pm. Are sports that way where you are for children so young? What do you think about it?

Old 11-04-11, 07:07 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%

Things are the same here. Girl Scouts doesn't start until 7pm, hockey last year started at 8pm. It drives me crazy, but when they start practice anytime before 6:00pm, they have LOW turnout due to parents not home from work yet. It stinks though.

The kids had their last outdoor soccer practice on Thursday. Due to it getting dark so early, they moved the practice time to 4:45. Out of 60 kids, 10 showed up. Just sad.

I hate the late nights but it seems like that is the only thing offered.

I thought about it just today, as I signed up for a free youth symphony concert. It starts at 7:30pm and runs for 2 hours. For something geared towards kids, that seems like a late night, especially for a Sunday before school night.
Thank you Patience!
3Princes (11-04-11)

Old 11-04-11, 10:02 PM
is ready for some football!!
Michelle - VIP CL

Thanked 793 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

Oh wow! None of Ryan's sports have ever had practice that late! I am sure it has to do with parent's work schedules. Here our biggest employer is State Farm Insurance (DH works there) and most people opt for early work hours (7am-4pm) so it works out fine for us!

Football practice this fall was 5:15-6:45pm and baseball games were done by 7:30pm (but that was summer) and basketball practice is 6-7pm.
Thank you MrsPook!
3Princes (11-04-11)

Old 11-04-11, 10:59 PM
is is needing a day off!
Admin Team

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 3540.71%

They are the same here and I think it sucks!
Thank you Chickie!
3Princes (11-04-11)

Old 11-04-11, 11:13 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1008.57%

Wow I'm surprised its so late especially for the younger kids! The latest g/scout troop we were in was from 6:30-7:30 so that wasn't even so late.

I used to live near a park where they had baseball games and I couldn't understand why the parents put up with their kids having games as late as they did. (I'd have fantasies about cutting the electrical lines so they couldn't play on the nights they kept us up )
Thank you 2babygirls!
3Princes (11-05-11)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools