Baby Corner

Old 06-22-11, 02:25 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1412%
Default Too hot!

Even with the windows tinted Rachel's bedroom is too hot! I made a really poor choice with the pleated shades since they aren't lined.and also the west wall is mostly window I now ordered thermal drapes that I'm going to hang in front of the entire 3 windows (its a bay window with a windowseat and the drapes will cover the whole opening.).

I think it will look strange but I don't know what else to do. I can't plant trees near the window because thats where the septic tank is buried and even if it could it would take years for them to do any good.

Thats what I get for not paying the extra money at the time to get the shades I should have....I get to pay it now instead.

Old 06-22-11, 03:19 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 1922%

Old 06-22-11, 06:20 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%

Oh no! Would (fake) wood blinds work? We have a ton of sun exposure in the front of our house and we have the lowes white wood blinds that dh and I installed. They were not terribly espensive and they do a much better job of keeping out the sun's heat than the roman shades we used to have.
Good luck!

Old 06-22-11, 08:59 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 12%

Try these. I have something just like them and they work wonders without giving up the bay window seat.

http://www.cozycurtains.com/

Old 06-22-11, 09:10 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 22%

UGH! That does sound hot. I doubt this would help at all but our daughters room used to get a lot of sun and we ended up with white roller shades from JcPenney. They were relatively cheap and the only thing that blocked all the light at night and also reflected the sun during the day.

They aren't the most attractive things out there, but we put designs on the inside and the outside I've seen people adhere fabric to them to pretty them up.

Good luck. I hope you guys can figure out something cheap and easy that works.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools