Baby Corner

Old 08-05-12, 09:10 AM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%
Default Ugh, my BIL

My nephew's 10th bday was June 30th. About 2 weeks prior I mentioned to my mom that she can take the girls to the beach that day and sleep overnight. I then remembered after committing thats its my nephew's bday and was wondering if my MIL was gonna do anything for it. My BIL sees him every other wkend and when he does have him he really pays no mind to him. My MIL had a small celebration for him last year. TBH, i dont think its up to my MIL to do something, but thats just me. I didnt hear from his mom til Wednesday of THAT week that she'll have ice cream. I mentioned to her that the girls will be gone that day and DH has to work. I also mentioned that they wont be coming home. "Ill have it a later time" she says. I thought she was referring to another DAY. I also mentioned to her to give me a call and let me know what she plans on doing(figuring it was another day). She calls me THAT day at 2 and wanted to know when the girls will be home for the beach. I explained to her again that they wont and since Im unemployed I didnt run out to buy a gift at that time. Well, my BIL was pissed and of course he avoided coming to the house since then. He finally mentioned to a friend of his that he will let it go(since apparently thats ALL hes bee talking about w/ his friend) and come over and have a good time. So they all came over last night..having a good time. DH took the friend on a quick motorcycle ride, then he took his g/f. The first thing out of his mouth was "Can I ask u a question? Do you know when my sons bday is?" OMG. He was drunk and no matter what I said or explained to him he didnt want to hear it. Pretty much he told me that whatever plans we had they shouldve been cancelled for his sons party. It didnt matter if me and DH was there, but just the girls. His son was so upset, etc. His son looks like he had a good time in the pics that I saw. Sorry, but its not everyday that my parents take the kids overnight, so we had some plans to spend it together. I threw him out of my house. Sorry, you are not talking to me like that in my OWN home. Hes waiting for DH and his g/f to come back and even his friend said to him why did you wait til your bro was gone to say something? His reason was to get my side of the story. Whatever. So of course, after DH comes back and he leaves w/ his g/f and pretty much texted DH to loose his # and he will never see him and his son. blah. blah. blah. Seriously, over a small get together? AND this is why he hardly comes to our house anymore b/c he ALWAYS gets drunk and picks a fight w/ SOMEBODY.

Last edited by DanieH; 08-05-12 at 09:17 AM.

Old 08-05-12, 10:24 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Ugh, good grief! I hate family drama. I laugh at TV shows when a kid is crying and saying "Families don't treat each other like that!" Uh, sorry, but in the REAL world, they do!

Thankfully DH's family is fairly drama-free and the stuff that does happen doesn't directly affect us. Except for my BIL ex-wife, Crazypants. She's coo-coo for Cocoa puffs, but I haven't had to deal with her in a while thankgoodness. Dreading the day my nephew has a big milestone, like a sporting event or graduation where we will all end up at together...that's gonna fun!

Old 08-08-12, 01:55 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%

And I guess me throwing my BIL out of my house b/c he was disrecpecting me has upset his g/f. She's been my friend way before even meeting him and extended. I mentioned shes still welcome to come in our pig roast in a couple of weeks w/ no answer. I left her a msg on her FB and text her w/ no response. Wth.

Latest Articles
Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

Can Recurrent Miscarriages Be Prevented?
Research is now pointing to uterine natural killer cells to miscarriage which may provide a treatment to prevent future miscarriages in women.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools