Baby Corner

Old 07-16-12, 03:57 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%
Default Update on me

Well, im sure as most of you know, I was laid off the beginning of the new year after almost 12 years, w/ only a 2 week severance. After a gruelin 6 months, it looks like I might have a job! Ive been doing interviews after interviews and I applied to Northrup Grumman at the end of a week and heard from them the next day and had a face to face interview w/ them last tuesday. The interviewer called me the next day and asked if he could get this other position wld I be willing to accept it. He thought I interviewed well and would love me on board, but the position that I was applying for was a leadership position, which I have no experience. I would be at a level 1 instead of a level 2...I would get some training for 3-6months and its 15,000 less that what I was making. He does see me getting a promotion before their normal 5 yrs, since I have all the experience they are asking for, just no leadership position. I accepted...he said hes on travel all this week and even gave me his cell #. He called 930 this morning letting me know he talked to the recruiter and is opening up this position. Only thing I might have to do is resubmit my resume and in the next day or so he will make me an offer and be on board in 2/3 weeks! yay! Ive always wanted to work for this company AND in the general area of where I use to work.

Old 07-16-12, 04:10 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

That's great! How exciting! I know it sucks with the pay difference, but who knows? Maybe they have a great benefits package and great people, with opportunity for growth. And plus, you've had this summer to spend with the girls making memories. Hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for you!

Old 07-16-12, 04:24 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%

Yes, Im very thankful to have this time w/ the girls, but def ready to get back out there!

Old 07-16-12, 07:42 PM
is a stay at home Mommy<3
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 49750%

Yay! Congrats to you! love your story

Old 07-17-12, 04:29 PM
is ready for some football!!
Michelle - VIP CL

Thanked 793 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%

So happy for you Danielle!

Latest Articles
Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools