Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Corner Cafe >
Update on our showing

Update on our showing

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 11-28-10 | 10:17 PM
  • The Realtor was right--- the people loved the house, but said it's just too small for their family.

One thing I learned is... showing your house is a PITA. I had forgotten all about that aspect of selling your house. Ok, not true- just I had forgotten how big and bad of a pain it really is!!!

Makes me wonder if I really feel like selling this place after all... I wish I could be more decisive about these things. I am great at helping others figure their stuff out but when it comes to me, I take forever to make decisions.
  • MrsPook MrsPook's Avatar 11-29-10 | 12:02 AM
  • Sorry this one didn't work out. Best of luck trying to decide what to do from here!
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 11-29-10 | 06:42 AM
  • I agree, showing a house is the worst! I was thinking if these people liked the house it would be the best possible situation since you'd only have to show the house first and wouldn't have to remove stuff to stage it properly. I think just that aspect of selling, when you have such little kids in the house, would take selling off the table for a few years. It's hard enough to keep a place "view ready" when you don't have little kids.
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 11-29-10 | 11:22 AM
  • We had the same issue when we sold our old house a few years ago. It took about 6 months but we finally found the right buyers and sold it. So my advice is to hang in there and know that the right buyers ARE out there--it just might take a little while for them to find you.