Old 05-22-10, 09:07 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1220%
Question Advice please

Ok, so we are debt free

Here is the dilema. We HATE our house, it is too small (under 1500 sq ft for a family of 5) but even more than the size is the neighborhood, it is really bad. I will not let my kids go to our nearby school, they are going to a school several miles away. (our school district is huge and most kids are at schools within a 1 mile radius of their homes) There are no kids in our neighborhood for the kids to play with, and I don't really like them out front anyway because people drive by at an alarming speed. People's mail is constantly being stolen (we had to get a locking mailbo

and we just don't feel safe they way I want to feel.
We would probably be lucky to break even on our house right now, but I am wondering if we shouldn't sell and rent in a better area. I just am worried that we would be taking a step backward to go from owner to renter.
Anyone have any advice?

Old 05-22-10, 09:25 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

What would be the plan after that? Rent until you save up a downpayment for a house?

Old 05-22-10, 09:45 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 1220%

Yes. We definitely want the security of owning, but just not here.

Old 05-22-10, 10:20 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I kind of feel the same way that you do right now. Our neighborhood is going downhill. Hope is only 10 months old, but we know we don't like most of the schools around here. We were looking to buy another house for awhile, but we stopped because it would take up all of our savings (that we need for me to be able to stay home with baby #2 for 4-6 months) for the down payment. The thought just crossed my mind today that we could possibly rent out our house for close to what our mortgage is and rent in a nicer area. Then, when the market gets better we could sell it (we are totally upside down on our house right now). So, you could always try and rent the house that you are in instead of sell it right now too. We are in the same boat!!!

Old 05-22-10, 10:24 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 1220%

The only thing that scares me about that is if our renter failed to pay or if we didn't have a renter for a period we would have to pay the mortgage and our rent and we would be screwed.
Darn not having relatives with money to burn.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools