Baby Corner

Old 08-26-12, 07:13 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 8066.54%
Talking Average Vacation Costs

So after working for 2.5 years to get out of debt, then a couple more years to build our emergency fund, we're finally taking a vacation this year!

We've never taken a family vacation! DH and I did go to Hawaii for our honeymoon 11 years ago and that started our debt problem.

It was an AMAZING vacation but I wish we'd gone about it differently. You know what they say about hindsight....

We also did go to Las Vegas last year and paid cash for that vacation, too. But it was just us, no kids, and we knew that this year about be "our year" to go on a vacation.

It started in February when we won at our church silent auction a week-long house rental in Orlando!

So that set off a chain of events that has led to us going on vacation soon to FLORIDA!! We're going to fly down and rent a car, go to Disney for four days, maybe to Cocoa Beach, swim in the pool at the house, etc.

I was just adding up what we've spent (we pay CASH for everything because we don't have credit cards--we're no long slaves to the lender) and we're saving for spending money, too. Then I thought I would look up the average cost of a vacation these days, because I was a little freaked out about what we've spent, and I was ASTONISHED to find that the average vacation cost is $1180..........per person!

That seems like a crazy amount!

Then I added up, with spending cash, what we've spent/saved so far and we're at $798/pp. Whew! I thought we were off the charts and it turns out that we're not so bad. That number first estimate doesn't include families that vacation at Disney--if you want to include Disney vacations for a family of five, that number increases by about 20%.

So I think we're doing okay.

We're really excited about our first vacation and can't wait to get away from it all!!

Old 08-27-12, 03:25 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 6328.02%

That's awesome, I hope you guys have a great time!

Old 08-31-12, 01:40 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 8066.54%

Thanks! We're looking forward to getting away from so much stuff going on at home and enjoying some time togther! Can't wait to make some fun memories with the kiddos!

Latest Articles
The EEOC Updates the Pregnancy Discrimination Act
US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has revised it's guidelines protecting working pregnant women, and those who wish to become pregnant even more than before.

Cloth Diapers vs Disposables
Should you use cloth diapers, or disposable? Find out with our cloth vs disposable diaper buying guide, and get advice on how best to choose.

How Often Should Your Baby Poop?
Find out how often your baby should poop, how you can tell if your baby might be constipated, and what treatment options are available if your baby is constipated.

Baby Bottles: Which Ones Should You Choose?
When buying baby bottles, there is a vast array of choices for expectant Moms to choose from. Here are some considerations for making this important purchase.

Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diets During Pregnant
If you are pregnant with celiac disease, you will need to take extra precautions to make sure you are eating healthy, and getting enough nutrients when eating a gluten free diet.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools