Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters Bad news/ need advice, PLEASE

Bad news/ need advice, PLEASE

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-27-10, 03:04 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%

Thank you for all the advice on here. Dh has been picking up a ton of extra hours, we plan to sell a BUNCH of stuff on e-bay, most of which is worth a pretty decent amount, I've been doing some online stuff that's making us a few extra $'s here and there and we are going to do our taxes in the next couple of days (Dh had to be to work at 2 this morning and is working until 3 this afternoon, so probably not today, but very soon) and we are pretty sure we should be getting a decent amount back again this year.

SO PLEASE do not get on my case about TTC another baby. Dh has WONDERFUL insurance through work and we pay nothing when it comes to having a baby (no Dr bills, no hospital bills, NOTHING.) We do not believe in bc, as I ended up having issues with it while I was on it. Also, we did some research and do not accept what actually happens when using bc. In reality, our faith is all we need to get through life. Nothing more, nothing less. If you believe that or not, that's your thing to deal with, that's what dh and I believe and I don't want to hear any more about it.

We have plans for the near future and we have bigger plans for the not TOO distant future that will solve all our money issues.

Thank you again for all the advice. Dh and I have things taken care of now.

Old 01-28-10, 09:23 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

Um...good luck with things. That is the kindest way I can say it.
2 Users Says Thank You
~Kelli~ (01-29-10), 3Princes (01-28-10)

Old 02-08-10, 03:10 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Ok, so the money we are getting back from taxes is MORE than enough to cover any missed payments. PLUS all the other stuff we are doing to earn a little extra money. We are completely fine and will not have to worry about things at all. We talked to a couple places and to the place that sent the paperwork and all is good

Old 02-18-10, 12:28 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%

Great to hear! So what happened w/ the missed payments? Did your hubby ever explained what happened?

Old 02-18-10, 01:51 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

When the economy took a dump we were fighting to keep up with any and all payments on stuff. Last year we got energy assistance and everything and we did all we could to get by. Then this year, things at the Brewery (where dh works) started to pick up, but we were still behind on everything, so we are trying to get caught back up. The house payment is the thing that got put aside while we paid for everything else. Dumb thing to do, but at least now I know we will be all caught up. Plus, dh has been work 20+ hours a week in overtime alone. he's really tired bc of it, but he doesn't mind too much, plus it's money we wouldn't have otherwise.
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools