Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Budget check-in time

Reply Post New Topic

• TSLeer TSLeer's Avatar 01-24-07 | 01:21 PM
  • Hi, Deanne!!!

We just paid our last big credit card off. It was so bad that I couldn't rremember the last time we'd used the darn thing. It's gone now. So we're done to just the 2 car payments, which at least 1 should be gone when DH gets his inheritance from his grandfather in June. I'm hoping it'll be enough to pay both off loans..

In the next 6 months, we plan to build our savings up. We both have a hard time saving money, but with our debt essentially paid off, there's no good reason why we can't save.

Then this summer, we plan on buying our first house. No more renting. I'm really nervous about it. We have an incredible offer from my employer. He's a General Contractor and has offered to sell us one of his houses and give up his profit on it to allow us to buy at our price. So we get to watch our house be built over the next few months.

I'm feeling pretty good about our finances right now.
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 01-24-07 | 01:25 PM
  • Awesome, Awesome, Awesome, Trisha!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's amazing! DH's employer sounds like a really stand-up guy and his generosity is amazing!!

I hope youre able to maqke the most oit and really get yourselves situated comfortably with a savings and a house!! Woo Hoo!!!!!

• tryinfr3rd tryinfr3rd's Avatar 01-24-07 | 01:29 PM
  • We are "struggling" a bit right now cause as Ive said in previous posts we are in the process of building an investment property right now, we hope to get it done then sell it for a profit....but its super hard right now in the midst of it all cause we basically have two mortgages

(we took out an equity loan to build this other house) so Im having to cut back everything I can to keep this up until the house is done and HOPEFULLY sells quickly.....other than that we are on budget with everything else, no credit cards or car payments so that helps

• tryinfr3rd tryinfr3rd's Avatar 01-24-07 | 01:30 PM
  • Quote de TSLeer

Then this summer, we plan on buying our first house. No more renting. I'm really nervous about it. We have an incredible offer from my employer. He's a General Contractor and has offered to sell us one of his houses and give up his profit on it to allow us to buy at our price. So we get to watch our house be built over the next few months.

I'm feeling pretty good about our finances right now.
    that is so awesome!! congrats!
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 01-24-07 | 07:13 PM
  • Did really well for our first 2 weeks

We stuck to our budget and didn't feel too deprived! DH can't figure it out, but we were able to have $200 extra at the end of the pay period. We only had one gas fill up where he had budgeted for 3 and a few other little things like that. We put the money into our emergency fund that we are trying to build. We're doing good and pleasantly surprised that this is working!

Laura