Baby Corner

Old 08-05-09, 05:44 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

We do all of our budgeting and spending with envelopes, too. We have separate line items for just about everything.

We always have the following envelopes:
Groceries
Gas
Dining
Diapers
Miscellaneous

Then we have our "Pork Barrel" envelopes and those vary according to budget period. For this two-week period, our Pork Barrel envelopes are:

Melouns' Visit (out of town guests on Friday night)
Usborne book party
Ice Cream with Brenda
Golf
Andy's two work lunches
School Uniforms
Haircut

I look at our calendar each budget period and we determine what other envelopes we need. Then we get cash out of the bank and fill the envelopes. When the money is gone, the spending is done. It makes budgeting VERY easy!!

Old 08-05-09, 06:35 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 8.57%

We really need to start doing envelopes. We've Started doing cash for almost everything and the debit card for some stuff as well, but we really need to start working on a budget and do the envelopes. We spend way too much money, and it's not helping us get out of debt.

Old 08-05-09, 09:01 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 172.86%

Ours is 100% food...regardless whether it's eating out or cooking it.... food for us is EXPENSIVE. We are both real finiky (is that word?) and will not eat cheap meats and such... so that adds up big time... we also very very rarely eat leftovers so that almost makes it cheaper to dine out for the 2 of us.....

Old 08-05-09, 09:31 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 8.57%

we don't use any envelopes. I do the same as Melanie, get cash out and spend. I am lucky enough that we don't use the debit (except in emergencies) but I think it would be a good idea if we set some strict limits on certain items. I got our Costco shopping under control, but there are a few areas that could use some extra attention. I could pay that student loan off and our suburban much faster if I did that.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools