Baby Corner

Old 12-20-10, 12:16 AM
is wondering how much more I can take!!
Community Member

Thanked 109 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 72.86%
Default Can I Please get a break??

So a little background! I got hurt at work and have been on workmans comp! I apparently have a bulging disc and a tear in my L4 and L5 disc! This is the slowest and most painful recovery because there is no surgery they can do to repair it! I tried physical therapy which did not work. So on top of my daughter being molested by her father and having to do all this on my own as well as going to court cases to try and get that bastard put away for a long time, trying to help my daughter and the rest of the family heal with counseling and what not I found out a week or so ago they are stopping my workmans comp because there is nothing more they can do! BUT, I still can't work! Could this come at any better time then Christmas time to loose my income?? I was trying to figure out how I was going to make my kids Christmas decent and then I get this thrown at me

My kids don't deserve this!!! Why are they going to be punished at Christmas time! I can't stop crying and am in such a deep depression that I honestly don't know where to even begin to pick my life up! I don't want to see the look on their faces Christmas morning! I am dreading Christmas for this very reason and don't know what to do

Old 12-20-10, 12:37 AM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1187.14%

Could you go to the SS office and apply for disabilty. It won't kick in for awhile if you get approved but it will help when it does come in and if you get approved then you can submit applications for your kids to receive support too. We've had to do that with DOug and Joseph and it's really helped since I'm only working 12 hours a week and can't see adding more hours at this time. I know this doesn't help the immediate problem but it could help in the long term. Plus they'll give you SSi almost right away while deciding your case.

Also find a reputable lawyer versed in Workman's comp claims and see what can be done about an appeal. Alot of them won't charge anything if it's denied.

Last edited by lauralkemp; 12-21-10 at 09:50 AM.

Old 12-20-10, 12:46 AM
Community Member

Thanked 109 Times
Weekly Activity 72.86%

Yeah I will be looking in to a lawyer but like u said it does help the sting of Christmas! I will also look into disability but in the mean time it is just so hard to keep going when I feel like I am just getting shit on

Old 12-20-10, 12:47 AM
Community Member

Thanked 109 Times
Weekly Activity 72.86%

I meant to say doesn't help the sting of Christmas!

Old 12-20-10, 09:43 AM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 1372.86%

Im so sorry.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools