Baby Corner

Old 08-29-06, 05:07 PM
Julia's mommy

Thanked 6 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

We use our credit cards for everything for the reward perks. However, we pay them off every month (with the exception of one we used to pay medical bills but have a 1.9% fixed rate on it which is lower than what our money is earning at 5.75% in a money market account). I'd much rather use the credit cards than cash to get free airline miles, free restaurant certificates, free clothing gift certificates, etc. etc.

Old 08-29-06, 07:42 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 87.14%

We have also started using cash for everything, mostly for the same reasons as Deanna. For us we always had money in the savings account and with FREE overdraft protection well... We also would go out and spend keeping a vague running account in our heads, pile up the reciepts in the checkbook and every 7-10 we would do our accounting of the checkbook, well it never failed that we had forgotten something and here comes overdraft protection again. I also would find myself mindlessly putting items in my cart at Target because it didn't really matter how much I spent because I always had the ODP to fall back on.

Old 08-29-06, 07:57 PM
is enjoying the warm weather
VIP Member

Thanked 624 Times
Weekly Activity 30%

We've gotten into trouble with just our debit card. More than once we have been penalized for not having enough in our account to cover payments! Now, I like making it a habit to withdraw the money so we don't go over our limit.

Old 08-29-06, 08:13 PM
Banned

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

I either do Debit card or Checks I rarley carry cash on me at all and Credit cards I only use for my internet carrier which is paid every month and I use Credit Cards for emergency's really...and back to school shopping for clothes but this year I think I will do Kohls credit

As far as credit cards go I only have one with a $1000.00 Balance and that is it and I need to get rid of that..

Old 08-29-06, 08:55 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

this is an interesting topic...

i've started taking cash with me to target-- even if I stop at the ATM first-- bc if not, I end up leaving that place spending over $100 EVERYTIME! and i don't need to.... ugh.

I never have cash on me- always debit, but it's more for phalene's reason-- cash disappears on me

and with debit i can track it better.....

but i'm taking more stock now that i've seriously cut my hours at work to be home with the kids more.... and i was shocked at how much i could spend in one visit to target!!! the things i walked out with- jeez. i've got to get that under control!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools