Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Christmas gifts

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 10-17-10 | 04:18 PM
  • Who do you buy for, and how much do you spend?
  • 3Princes 10-17-10 | 04:23 PM
  • We cut back a little more each year, and we are doing it again.
    We will spend about $50-75 on our parents (and closer to $50 on DH's parents since they got something for my mother for mothers day and nothing for me).

We will spend about $40 on SIL. We normally spend $75 but we worked it out with her that she would buy for the boys only and the boys would buy for her only. So we are halving what we'd normally spend on her.

We will probably not buy each other gifts.

I will spend about $30 for small gifts for the co-workers closest to me, and about $10-15 for the kids teachers.

The biggest thing we haven't decided on yet is how much to spend for the kids. They're at the age now where there is soooo much fun stuff to play with.
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 10-17-10 | 08:07 PM
  • We buy for
    both sets of parents (about $50 per person)
    our nieces and our nephew-we have cut back every year on this ($40 each niece-they are sisters & about $75 for my nephew-his parents will spend about $40 each on our 2 kids)
    SIL & her bf (the only ones without kids)-about $50-$75 total
    DD's teachers-maybe $15 each
    DH and I have not decided how much to spend on our kids yet either. Both have birthdays near christmas so it doubles the expense for this time of year (dd is november and ds is january)
    We stopped buying for each other when dd was born.
    We don't exchange with any friends anymore
  • 3Princes 10-17-10 | 08:26 PM
  • oh - we have 2/3 January birthdays too. That's another thing to consider.
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 10-17-10 | 09:13 PM
  • Molly is getting recycled toys I've had stashed for 3 years from the boys.

Not sure about the boys, but it will be a huge BUDGET cut year....