Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters Christmas tree shopping

Christmas tree shopping

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 12-06-06, 04:50 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%

We got one from a tree farm for $35. The place we went keeps them pruned to look like the perfect Christmas tree year round. Trees under 5 feet were $25 and ones over 5 feet- including the 10 footers they had were $35. Pretty cheap for a cut your own

Old 12-06-06, 11:07 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

maybe it depends on where you live and the 'abundance' of trees there??

Who knows, we paid $30 for our little over 6ft'er cant remember what kind it was (I live in WA you'd think I know my tree's but I SO dont)

Old 12-11-06, 07:44 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I was born and raised in Baltimore and in the burbs where I lived there were a ton of "any tree for $20" lots (including douglas firs). Here in Sacramento I think the cheapest I've found any tree is for $40. Last year we decided to buy a Martha Stewart tree and I think it was $150. Honestly, it looks like a real tree and I was a hard core real tree fan. Yankee Candle has a pine scented candle, so we burn that to give us the real smell.

$40/year on a tree was just too much for this frugal girl.

Old 12-13-06, 01:44 AM
Lucas' Mommy

Thanked 25 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

We bought ours at Lowe's and paid about $42 for a 7-8 ft Frasier fur. They were $30 for 6-7 ft Frasiers and less that that for the Douglas, but I avoid them since they drop too many needles IMO and the branches aren't stout enough for some of my ornaments. Turns out the one we bought, even though it was labelled as a 7-8 ft was only 2" shy of being 9' so if you take that into account we got a 8-9' tree for the price of a 7-8'.

I really do think a lot of it depends on where you live. If you had the $50 in your budget for the tree don't feel badly that you had to pay that much for it.

Just enjoy your tree.

Old 12-13-06, 11:29 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 8607%

I don't know what kind ours is but so far, this is the best tree we've ever gotten as far as "shedding" is concerned. We have had virtually NO needles to pick up off of the floor!!

I'm loving this tree--not picking up 300 needles every day is TOTALLY worth the $50!!!!!!

Latest Articles
28 Baby Products That Save Time & Make Your Life Easier
After baby arrives, your time will be precious. Here are some of our favorite time savings baby products that are must haves for any Mom. Includes Editor's picks, and favorites from Moms and Dads to help make your life easier.

Babies Understand More Language Than We Think
A new study from the University of Washington shows that babies learn language much sooner than we thought. Learn why it's important to read and talk to your baby early, and often.

Star Pregnancy and Birth Announcements Summer 2014
See the pregnancy and birth announcements for summer of 2014 including Kristen Bell, Jimmy Kimmel, Eva Mendes and more!

Am I Pregnant or is this PMS?
Sometimes it's hard to tell if you're pregnant, or if your period is just coming late this month. Use this guide to help you tell the difference.

The EEOC Updates the Pregnancy Discrimination Act
US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has revised it's guidelines protecting working pregnant women, and those who wish to become pregnant even more than before.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools