Baby Corner

Old 09-06-10, 02:46 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default consignment

I am psyched! I went to OUAC and got $85 for things I would have given away anyway! If you add that to what I made on craigs list I am up $200 already! There is also a huge local consignment sale coming up that I am preparing for so I hope to make some more $$ from there. Woo hoo! And this has all been much easier than having to stay home all weekend for a garage sale. (IMHO)

Old 09-06-10, 06:53 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%

Nice! Hmmm...that reminds me...theres a place down the street....How does it work? I have about 16 piece of girls 2Ts.....I dont see anyone interested on Craigslist, so maybe I will stop there tomorrow while Im off. Do you normally bring in a bag full? Im wondering how much do I need to bring in for it to be worth it. I have some 9-18months that I still need to get rid of. I just gave 0-9 months clothes to someone who needs them Ive been on a mission of getting rid of the things now. Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited by DanieH; 09-06-10 at 06:56 PM.

Old 09-06-10, 08:32 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

At the place I went to you had to have the clothes all laid out in a bin or laundry basket. They don't even look at the clothes if they are in bags. I brought in an entire large bin of clothes, a bin of toys and a stroller and got $85. I also had to wait 45 minutes while they looked through it all and decided what to take and how much I would get. I probably got $20 for the stroller (which is what I would have tagged it at a garage sale anyway) and $65 for the clothes and toys. Some places you can take cash or get more in store credit. I took the cash.

Old 09-07-10, 12:13 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

I've dropped off clothes twice at Once Upon a Child. Some people drop off LOTS of stuff, but since it is right around the corner from me I just do a diaper box full, drop it off to go run some errands, and come back. A few days before, I iron everything & lay it out nicely in the box. Dropping it off after work during the week is better because they are usually pretty busy on the weekends. The first time I got about $35.00 and the second time they hardly took anything, so I only got about $15.00. What bothers me is when they take a dress but not the matching bloomers b/c of a stain. What am I going to do with the bloomers? I have a new box of stuff I want to take up there; since fall is coming I am hoping they'll be wanting some long sleeved/pant stuff I've got.

Old 09-07-10, 07:43 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 1620%

Oh that is an excellent idea. In fact I have 2 bags of nice dresses and stuff of my daughters even shoes that are brand new looking. I was going to donate to Good Will but we have 2 small consignment stores next to the dance studio. I'm gonna ask them if they will take it.

That's a good amount of money!

Latest Articles
New Fertility Monitor Helps Women Conceive
Now, fertility devices are available for women to wear to monitor and track their basal body temperature, which will pinpoint ovulation and provide the best chances for a couple to conceive.

Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools