Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

consignment

Reply Post New Topic

• Patience Patience's Avatar 09-07-10 | 10:54 AM
  • I love our consignment store! We don't buy much from their but I love getting a little something back on all the $ spent on kids clothes.
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 09-07-10 | 10:57 AM
  • I've never taken anything TO consignment though I've bought a lot FROM consignment. That sounds like a good deal, though!!

• Patience Patience's Avatar 09-07-10 | 11:13 AM
  • One thing I don't get is how picky they are when buying my stuff (which I understand) but then I look to buy and I see so many stains and worn out spots. Not sure where they sell all the "good" clothes at because I rarely find anything.

They wanted $8 for a used pair of jeans. Um... I can buy new name brand jeans for under $10.

I really appreciate their service though. It is great in theory.
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 09-07-10 | 11:28 AM
  • Yea, I've had the same experience. Some of my stuff looked practically brand new to the naked eye, but they told me they use a special light to look for stains. But I see stuff out on the racks with fading, stains, or missing buttons all the time. Shoes is the one thing they will take dirty though, lol!
  • koala_kaper koala_kaper's Avatar 09-07-10 | 12:29 PM
  • We havew a Once Upon a Child, but I haven't really gotten rid of much kid/baby stuff so it really doesn't help me out much

BUT we are going to the Oktoberfest grounds on Saturday where they are having a HUGE rummage sale. You "rent" a space for $10, they do all the advertising, and you can sell anything you want as long as it's legal. SO I've already gotten a bunch of stuff around, and I have a few home-made items I'd like to sell, so a friend of ours and I are going! She's making pies and other baked goods and she has some rummage items to sell. We're hoping to get a spot next to each other (spaces are reserved, but not any specific place. It's kind of first come first served to those that "reserved" a spot!)

The only bad thing about this is that I'll have to be there by around 6:15... I'm not usually out of bed until 9

Oh well, if we make some money off all this it'll be worth it!