Baby Corner

Old 05-06-07, 08:43 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 8.57%

Babies are expensive --- daycare is huge!
Infants are generally more expensive than toddlers, so for a premium child care center, think $250 a week (250 X 50 weeks a year = $12,500 yr.)

Daycare = 12,500
Diapers = arm and leg
Holding sleeping baby = priceless!

Old 05-06-07, 11:25 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

I love that, Sarah.

Yes, it's a lot of money, but it's nothing when you think of the lifetime of joy you're getting in exchange.

Old 05-07-07, 01:34 AM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

It totally depends on how you parent! I don't use a lot of the "baby" stuff. We co-slept with our babies and put a $15 changing pad on the bathroom counter top for a changing table. Put our girl's clothes in our dresser and part of our small walk in closet. The thing that we splurged on was car seats as I think they are extremely important and my child's safety is a huge concern for me! Our other big purchase was our double stroller and single stroller when we had our first. My girls are 5 and nearly 4 and we still use our double stroller! My mom bought us a travel swing for our second and MIL bought a big stand up one for our first. The big one is super nice and I loved it for my first. The travel swing was so wonderful for my second! She spent meals in there while we ate and was so happy there. It folded up quick for trips to grandma's! I even took it to my cousins outdoor wedding as a safe place for her to nap in. I exclusively bfed, so we don't own a bottle. I also sew and made all their diapers and covers. Really kept the expense down there! I stay at home, so there isn't the daycare issue!

Our kids have been more expensive as they've gotten to be preschoolers then they ever were as babies! We homeschool, so there is the cost of making materials and such for them. Now they want outside play equipment like scooters and bunkbeds to sleep in (our big purchases this yr)!

Our biggest expense was actually paying for their births! See if someone in your family would like to throw you a baby shower! That's so helpful for getting big items as well as baby clothes! They can really add up costs, but are outgrown so quickly!

I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and remember that you don't "need" most of the wonderful inventions out there for your baby! Look at your lifestyle and how you want to parent and go from there!

Laura

Old 05-08-07, 02:06 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Wow, you read my mind by asking this question. Dh and I have been arguing nonstop about money this week. We have decided to sit down with all of our bills this weekend so we can see how long we can stretch our savings so I can stay home as long as possible. I have even been looking for a part time job for the summer (I teach) so I can make some extra money before the baby arrives! I know for us, since we have a mortgage that could probably feed a lot of families each month, as we live on Long Island in New York (just outside the city, where the prices are soooo high!) so we are not confident that we can even pay our mortgage when I am home!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools