Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters This cracked me up (house related)

This cracked me up (house related)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 08-01-08, 12:47 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 56.51%

OK well I guess the difference is we have no basements or crawl spaces here it's build on slab so no piping could be put in.

Just different I guess.

Old 08-01-08, 12:48 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 56.51%

See the vents in my pictures here

Especially you can see them in the Kitchen ceiling.

- and the kids bathroom the last picture is a better close up.

Old 08-01-08, 12:52 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 21.63%

Yeah--- I see them. We all have basements so I guess that does make a difference.

Old 08-01-08, 04:04 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 0.7%

our downstairs stuff is in the floor - mostly, and our upstairs stuff is in the ceiling.
we do have crawl space down below, though...

when we lived in california, the house had all its vents in the ceiling or in the wall at the top of the room rather in the wall at the bottom of the room, but they were always always flush.

There really are no such things as radiators on the west coast (in the majority of houses, I know they exist, but not for most of the homes) and alot of the homes had baseboard heaters that extended but most people replace those for central air at some point.
Some of the older homes - built in the 80s I'd say have cadette heaters in each room on a wall by the light switches and while those protrude out from the wall a little, they're not really in a place that you have to 'decorate' around with furniture either

I was just shocked to see new construction with wall vents down low that stick out from the wall. That would have been something I would have expected to see from an older house where they were not quite 'up to speed' on the latest building techniques or on a house that was 'retrofitting' a forced air system into a house... but again, I am surprised to see it in new construction.

and to have it protrude from the wall? That just seems super odd to me for new construction

Last edited by skyqueen; 08-01-08 at 04:07 PM.

Old 08-01-08, 09:26 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 21.63%

They're all like that around here.

Guess that's the style. I just always thought since warm air rises, it makes sense to have the vents on the floor. who knows? Either way-- this house is bizarre. It's the only one in its "development."

Latest Articles
Baby Food: Jarred or Homemade?
The trend for Moms to make their own baby food instead of buying jarred baby food is rising. Here is some advice on how to choose what to feed your baby when beginning your baby on solid foods.

28 Baby Products That Save Time & Make Your Life Easier
After baby arrives, your time will be precious. Here are some of our favorite time savings baby products that are must haves for any Mom. Includes Editor's picks, and favorites from Moms and Dads to help make your life easier.

Babies Understand More Language Than We Think
A new study from the University of Washington shows that babies learn language much sooner than we thought. Learn why it's important to read and talk to your baby early, and often.

Star Pregnancy and Birth Announcements Summer 2014
See the pregnancy and birth announcements for summer of 2014 including Kristen Bell, Jimmy Kimmel, Eva Mendes and more!

Am I Pregnant or is this PMS?
Sometimes it's hard to tell if you're pregnant, or if your period is just coming late this month. Use this guide to help you tell the difference.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools