Baby Corner

Old 01-27-10, 08:40 AM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%
Default Electric

The electric came out to my house yesterday demanding money or they were going to shut us off 8 this morning. We've been giving them money every 2 wks or so..its not a lot, but its something. DH said as long as you keep giving them $ they wont shut us off...Ha! Yea right! I called the company and told them I will give them a substantial amt of money on Friday when we get paid. I think its so silly, that they wouldn’t put a large amt of money on hold til Friday, but they will take as little as $10, which is a good faith law to prevent us from being shut off. So, after long discussion, DH got his mastercard and called them 7 this morning…they don’t take mastercard. WTF! This is freaking ridiculous. The woman assured me that there’s nobody scheduled to come out today or tomorrow either. So then why they heck did you put us through all this BS! I hate that DH and I work everyday freaking day just so our electric can get shut off!

Old 01-27-10, 08:45 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

I wonder if the person wasn't some kind of rogue employee. No one should be coming to your house anyway--that sounds fishy to me. I would call and ask if that is their usual procedure and if not, I'd report the person that came. That seems wrong to me that they'd actually come to your house.

And generally, good faith things work with credit card companies and stuff. Utilities are kind of known for not being as forgiving.

I hope you get it straightened out.

Old 01-27-10, 09:55 AM
is loving the cool ocean air
Community Member

Thanked 100 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I don't think they are allowed to shut off your power in Maine in the winter! That is was I have always heard and just assumed the same was true for anywhere that had a cold climate.
Hope you get it straightened out soon!

Old 01-27-10, 10:36 AM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopey406

I wonder if the person wasn't some kind of rogue employee. No one should be coming to your house anyway--that sounds fishy to me. I would call and ask if that is their usual procedure and if not, I'd report the person that came. That seems wrong to me that they'd actually come to your house.

And generally, good faith things work with credit card companies and stuff. Utilities are kind of known for not being as forgiving.

I hope you get it straightened out.
Unfortunately, they do come out. It was even recorded in their records when I called.

Jaedrye, my DH thought the same thing, but thats not the case...Apparently, the good faith wouldve bought us time if they took any type of CC. She told me that they were planning on coming out...I just hate looking out the window at every little noise thinking its them.

Old 01-27-10, 10:40 AM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

It is normal around here if you are a month behind on your bill that they send a person out to the house, they leave a tag that they will be back on such and such a day if payment is not recived, but they call and leave you a message first if they have the correct #. And I am in northern MI and they will shut you off in the middle of winter, there was a 90 YO man last winter that died because the power company had put a limiter on his house and he used more power then allowed (because his bill was past do) and his power was interrupted by it and no one realized it and he basically froze to death. so they are really no laws here against it. which is crazy to me.
As for them not taking MC that rediculous. make sure you are getting name of everyone you talk to. good luck.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools