Baby Corner

Old 04-06-10, 09:20 AM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 1372.86%
Default Falling behind

I just hate life right now. Every time we get caught up on bills, we manage to fall behind. Our latest is hubby's surgery. Hes been on disability for 2 weeks now and we got informed that he needs to start going to physical therapy 3 times a week for 2 months and $35 a visit! I just want to cry. Hubby started getting disabilty check but its not much. Were a month behind on our mortgage and Aprils' is due now.....

I hate this! We applied for homeowners assistance last year and we didnt qualify. I wind up submitting another request 2 months ago and havent heard from them yet.

Im just so stressed out over bills, I cannot stand it!

Old 04-06-10, 09:30 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

Making ends meet can be difficult. Do you have anything you can sell? When we first started getting out of debt, we sold A LOT of stuff around the house that we no longer needed and it was a quick, easy boost. We sold and extra couch, desk, electronics, baby/kid stuff, etc.

Regarding the mortgage, the WORST thing you can do it ignore it/them. Communicate with your mortgage company about the nature of your circumstances and see if they can work something out with you. Because of the economy, mortgage companies would rather work WITH you on arrangements than see your house fall into foreclosure. That's a lot of rigmarole for companies and they'd prefer to avoid it.

Lastly, getting on a tight, beans & rice cash budget will help free up extra cash that always seems to seep out without anyone noticing. Because we live on a cash budget, we never spend more than we PLAN to spend on any given category/item. If you need help with that, PM me and I can send you some practical tools to help you get started.

Take a deep breath and hug your DH & kids. At the end of the day, THEY'RE what matter most. Everything else will work itself out.

Old 04-06-10, 09:41 AM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Weekly Activity 1372.86%

Thanks! Theres so much stuff we prob can sell, but its getting started and sorting it out of having the time to do it is my problem. I called the mortgage co last week to see if anyone got assigned to help me w/ the assistance and I was on hold for so long I hung up. Well...they had some "assistance" were you only paid half your mortgage payment but after 6 months you have to pay the difference. WTF! What kind of help is that!

Old 04-06-10, 01:39 PM
is enjoying the warm weather
VIP Member

Thanked 624 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 30%

I'm so sorry Danielle.
Can you ask PT if there are any exercises/therapy dh can do at home- to avoid the fees and all. Just a thought.

My dh got extra $$ back from taxes and then our stupid money pit of a van broke. Set us back over $1000.

He's working so much overtime lately that the kids and I hardly see him.

Old 04-06-10, 02:35 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Weekly Activity 1372.86%

I will ask hubby about the PT at home. It doesnt hurt. Thanks!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools