Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters >
Has anyone read this book?

Has anyone read this book?

Reply Post New Topic

• the_littleminx the_littleminx's Avatar 01-24-07 | 01:52 AM
  • America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money:Your Guide to Living Better, Spending Less, and Cashing in on Your Dreams by Steve Economides, Annette Economides

I just ran across it online, and posted the preview over on the Reading Room board. I think it looks like it might be a pretty good read. Anyone ever heard of it before or read it themselves?

Here's the preview I posted on the RR board incase you're curious.

From the Publisher
    Do you have too much month at the end of your money? Is your credit card screaming for relief? Are you tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul . . . whoever they are?
    Meet Steve and Annette Economides. They've been called cheapskates, thriftaholics, and tightwads, but in these tough economic times, Steve and Annette have managed to feed their family of seven on just $350 per month, pay off their first house in nine years and purchase a second, larger home, buy cars with cash, take wonderful vacations, and put money in savings. Without degrees in finance or six-figure salaries, Steve and Annette have created a comfortable, debt-free life for themselves and their children. In America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money, they show you how they did it- and how you can do it too.
    Steve and Annette share many down-to-earth principles and the simple spending plan that they have used since 1982. They have taught this economizing lifestyle to thousands of people worldwide through seminars and their newsletter, and they include lots of real-life stories to make you feel as if you're having your own private coaching session. Not only will you find solutions to your financial dilemmas, you'll also discover a whole new way of life.
    You don't need to be a CPA or a math wizard to learn their revolutionary system, which will teach you:
    - hundreds of ways to save money on everyday household expenses, including groceries, clothing, and health care
    - how to save in advance for major purchases such as homes, cars, and vacations
    - how to stop living paycheck to paycheck
    - how to eliminate debt . . . forever!
    America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money puts meetingyour financial goals- and living well at the same time- in reach for every family.
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 01-24-07 | 11:39 AM
  • I haven't read it yet, but I saw them on 20/20 on Friday and they really DO save money!! Maybe I should pick up that book!!

• Oreo Oreo's Avatar 01-24-07 | 04:57 PM
  • If I pay for the book, then I help them live debt-free and I spend $$$ --- I'll have to check the library!
  • the_littleminx the_littleminx's Avatar 01-24-07 | 11:28 PM

•  
    Good point!

I plan on picking up a copy from the library if they have it. Sounds like it might be kinda good.
  • tryinfr3rd tryinfr3rd's Avatar 01-25-07 | 12:47 PM
  • sounds interesting!! I'll have to check where I always get my books....2nd hand stores, Ive found tons of great books there for WAY cheap

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work