Baby Corner

Old 06-17-09, 12:27 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Thumbs up Home Warrenty

First let me say Dh and I put off getting one for years because we didn't want the $50/mo payment, but it has been sooo worth it! We got one about 18 months ago because we knew our A/C was going to need to be replaced....it turned out to be the furnace instead, so we got a brand new one for just the $50 service call and the savings on our utilities has been great!
For the last couple of months we have been battling them because our oven door wouldn't stay shut and the light was constantly on and heat would escape when we cooked. They's sent several people out to try and repair it without sucess. So we finally got authorization this week to get a brand new one! They had one they would have given us for free, but we decided to upgrade to a nicer model (self cleaning, delay cooking, and child lock on the door)and it is only costing us $150!
I would so recommend a home warrenty to anyone that doesn't have one, especially if you don't have a fully funded emergency savings! Between the stove and the furnace we would have been out several thousand dollars without it!

Can anyone tell I am really excited to get a new stove!

I decided I was really an adult the day I realized I was more excited to get appliances than Christmas presents!

Old 06-17-09, 12:33 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

I'm glad all is fixed for you! We had a home warranty with our first house but nothing that broke was covered.

So we decided to get it with this house.

Old 06-17-09, 12:47 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

How do you go about this home warranty? We had one for the first year we bought our house but I didn't know you could continue with it. Is it something you can get on an older house as well?

Thanks.

That sounds like a great savings!!

Old 06-17-09, 12:47 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Ours is with American Home Shield and it covers all of the major appliances. So far the only thing we've had a problem with that hasn't been covered was our Attic fan.
We had lots of peopel tellign us to get one and Dh looked it up online and it just took a few minutes to get one. It's cheaper if you pay for it a year at a time...I think $500/yr.

Old 06-17-09, 12:51 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 1620%

I didn't know you could get them either.

Our 2 a/c units don't have to be replaced but one of them is not working properly it seems, to replace the inside furnace and outside units (2 seperate full units) will cost us about $30,000 but that includes some new duct work also. I know a warranty wouldn't cover it though.

I agree that you're an adult when you get excited over appliances.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools