Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters How do you plan/budget for the kids clothes?

How do you plan/budget for the kids clothes?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-05-06, 11:47 AM
Community Member

Thanked 33 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.83%
Question How do you plan/budget for the kids clothes?

With fall/winter coming, how are you budgetting for seasonal wardwrobes?

The most $$ I spent this weekend was on Ebay.

Guess I should have mentioned that before asking for praise.

BUT, I got a great deal..

I got Raegan 12!!! pairs of pants - 6 jeans, 4 cords, 2 leggings - and 2 tops. Plus, on one of the auctions she is throwing in 2 more pairs of jeans that just need a patch on each pair at the knees.

I got all of that for $56 and that includes shipping!

So, I have dd set for the fall/winter except for shirts. I will need to get her some more warm shirts for daycare/around the house.

The stuff I have in her closet it for dressier days. I also already bought her a winter coat on clearance last winter.

All I really need for Aiden is a winter coat and maybe a few more shirts.

I will ask for new jammies and such as Christmas presents from the grandparents.

Old 09-05-06, 12:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.83%

I yard sale a lot. My girls are easy to find clothing for that is gently used and even brand new. I over the past few weeks spent 36.00 and got bags and bags worth of clothing. I even found a yardsale (thanks to a freind) that had brand name stuff in Jacob's size in extremly good condition which is unusual. The kids got several coats last winter (something I normally buy new, some bought by us and some by others) and some of them will fit this year as well. I will still need to get Emma and Jacob some new snow boots and maybe a pair of tennis shoes or two as my kids grow. Kara still need some stuff in 6-9 month size but some of Emma's clothing may work just as well.

I don't often buy new, not with the kids growing as fast as they do and getting so incredably messy.

Old 09-05-06, 12:02 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

ok..so besides food shopping clothes shopping for my kids is anothe down fall..

I am addicted to buying clothes for them. I love to pick out outfits and even when they do not need anymore...i still buy it if i think it's cute. I don't spend a lot of money on each thing ( i shop at old navy/children's place) but i buy a lot of it through the year..
So i don't plan or budget for it..i guess something else to evaluate

Old 09-05-06, 12:04 PM
Community Member

Thanked 33 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

Oh ya, I will probably need new tennis shoes for them and possibly snow boots. Last year I bought boots and they wore them 2x.

Old 09-05-06, 12:12 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

I buy too much

Before I buy anything for the fall I'm going to clean out what we have from Connor and plan from there--- that way I wont end up with 20 pairs of jeans

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools