Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters >
How do you plan/budget for the kids clothes?

How do you plan/budget for the kids clothes?

Reply Post New Topic

• addygirl addygirl's Avatar 09-05-06 | 11:47 AM
  • With fall/winter coming, how are you budgetting for seasonal wardwrobes?

The most $$ I spent this weekend was on Ebay.

Guess I should have mentioned that before asking for praise.

BUT, I got a great deal..

I got Raegan 12!!! pairs of pants - 6 jeans, 4 cords, 2 leggings - and 2 tops. Plus, on one of the auctions she is throwing in 2 more pairs of jeans that just need a patch on each pair at the knees.

I got all of that for $56 and that includes shipping!

So, I have dd set for the fall/winter except for shirts. I will need to get her some more warm shirts for daycare/around the house.

The stuff I have in her closet it for dressier days. I also already bought her a winter coat on clearance last winter.

All I really need for Aiden is a winter coat and maybe a few more shirts.

I will ask for new jammies and such as Christmas presents from the grandparents.

• Jenivere Jenivere's Avatar 09-05-06 | 12:01 PM
  • I yard sale a lot. My girls are easy to find clothing for that is gently used and even brand new. I over the past few weeks spent 36.00 and got bags and bags worth of clothing. I even found a yardsale (thanks to a freind) that had brand name stuff in Jacob's size in extremly good condition which is unusual. The kids got several coats last winter (something I normally buy new, some bought by us and some by others) and some of them will fit this year as well. I will still need to get Emma and Jacob some new snow boots and maybe a pair of tennis shoes or two as my kids grow. Kara still need some stuff in 6-9 month size but some of Emma's clothing may work just as well.

I don't often buy new, not with the kids growing as fast as they do and getting so incredably messy.
  • Susan Susan's Avatar 09-05-06 | 12:02 PM
  • ok..so besides food shopping clothes shopping for my kids is anothe down fall..

I am addicted to buying clothes for them. I love to pick out outfits and even when they do not need anymore...i still buy it if i think it's cute. I don't spend a lot of money on each thing ( i shop at old navy/children's place) but i buy a lot of it through the year..
    So i don't plan or budget for it..i guess something else to evaluate
  • addygirl addygirl's Avatar 09-05-06 | 12:04 PM
  • Oh ya, I will probably need new tennis shoes for them and possibly snow boots. Last year I bought boots and they wore them 2x.

• ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 09-05-06 | 12:12 PM
  • I buy too much

Before I buy anything for the fall I'm going to clean out what we have from Connor and plan from there--- that way I wont end up with 20 pairs of jeans