Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters >
How much do you spend on groceries each month?

How much do you spend on groceries each month?

Reply Post New Topic

• cynthia cynthia's Avatar 08-31-06 | 12:29 PM
  • Do you go weekly? How much do you spend on food shopping incuding places like Costco?

We spend anywhere from $400 - $600 each month on groceries including our Costoco trips. I go shopping about every 10 days and Costco about once a month.
  • addygirl addygirl's Avatar 08-31-06 | 12:33 PM
  • Ask me after I get my checkbook back in order and a budget started.

I sincerely have no clue!
  • Emery Emery's Avatar 08-31-06 | 12:33 PM
  • This is another place that I KNOW I can cut down with. I spend way too much at the store and then feel like we have nothing to eat. I probably spend $500.00 a month or more at the store and I got a few times a month.

For a while I did my shopping online and they delivered it to us and I actually saved money doing it that way. I only got what I needed and wasn't going up and down the aisles grabbing things i don't need. I did it in the winter when it was tough to get out with our DD. My DH doesn't drive so it was just easier to do.
  • ChristaMc ChristaMc's Avatar 08-31-06 | 01:08 PM
  • probably anywhere from 450-600 a month. It kinda depends on if it is durring the Summer or durring school.....I tend to have easier, lighter, less expensive meals durring the Summer time and durring school I cook a whole lot more. BUt it never fails, I always end up buying stuff I don't need......I usually have to go to the store twice a month for major shopping and then another 2 times for the little things like more milk, bread, juice, etc.
  • Jenivere Jenivere's Avatar 08-31-06 | 01:58 PM
  • We were not spending nearly enough. So with the new job we are restocking our basics, filling our freezer and working out a new food budget. I would say it's going to be about 500 a month.