Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters How much do you spend on groceries each month?

How much do you spend on groceries each month?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 08-31-06, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 86 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default How much do you spend on groceries each month?

Do you go weekly? How much do you spend on food shopping incuding places like Costco?

We spend anywhere from $400 - $600 each month on groceries including our Costoco trips. I go shopping about every 10 days and Costco about once a month.

Old 08-31-06, 12:33 PM
Community Member

Thanked 33 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Ask me after I get my checkbook back in order and a budget started.

I sincerely have no clue!

Old 08-31-06, 12:33 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 152 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

This is another place that I KNOW I can cut down with. I spend way too much at the store and then feel like we have nothing to eat. I probably spend $500.00 a month or more at the store and I got a few times a month.

For a while I did my shopping online and they delivered it to us and I actually saved money doing it that way. I only got what I needed and wasn't going up and down the aisles grabbing things i don't need. I did it in the winter when it was tough to get out with our DD. My DH doesn't drive so it was just easier to do.

Old 08-31-06, 01:08 PM
SAHM and Lucky Wife

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

probably anywhere from 450-600 a month. It kinda depends on if it is durring the Summer or durring school.....I tend to have easier, lighter, less expensive meals durring the Summer time and durring school I cook a whole lot more. BUt it never fails, I always end up buying stuff I don't need......I usually have to go to the store twice a month for major shopping and then another 2 times for the little things like more milk, bread, juice, etc.

Old 08-31-06, 01:58 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

We were not spending nearly enough. So with the new job we are restocking our basics, filling our freezer and working out a new food budget. I would say it's going to be about 500 a month.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools