Baby Corner

Old 03-31-08, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 44.29%
Default "Jumping into" budgeting

I did a budget-- well, sort of, for the first time this month. I used Dave's plan of going week to week. The problem is I feel like i'm trying to jump into double dutch jumpropes. It was so confusing getting started on a new month when I still had some bills that were due right away (this time around I'll pay them week 4). Luckily, we had a little extra this month so I used the $ to pay the bills from week 4 of last month, and I'll pay them again.

The budgeting part itself isn't so bad once you figure out when your bills are going to come due and how to divvy up the money. I still haven't figured out how much we have for dining out and stuff. That's on the agenda tonight.

I did budget $100 for groceries and we only spent $85 shopping at the new wal-mart supercenter.

Old 03-31-08, 02:20 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

Jeanne, you're on your way!

The hardest part about budgeting is getting started, for sure. So give yourself smoe space and time to adjust things. It will take about two months to get the budget "just right".

If you need any help, just let me know.

budgeting and

to you for taking the "big leap"!!

Old 03-31-08, 03:24 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

Well, it does help me see how much we have "left over" after a weeks worth of bills for "extra stuff" and it's not much.

Luckily though DH works overtime many weeks (but it's not reliable enough to rely on) so what I have him bringing home is actually a little less than he'll really be bringing home.
We got a great tax refund and my national board money will be coming soon so that's good.

Old 03-31-08, 08:58 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

We are just starting the budgeting also. I am running into the same trouble with bills due immediately and then figuring them in again....

It is so necessary, but not much fun.
Good for you!! We had a Dave Ramsey counselor help us.... I kept wanting to shut down as I looked at the numbers and it was just emotionally overwhelming. It really helped us to have an un-emotional side to the numbers.

Old 03-31-08, 09:15 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 87.14%

The first few months is like the first few months with a newborn. You are nervous you are not doing in right, that you won't have enough (money in this case, milk for a newborn) You second guess each move... but just like with a newborn after a couple of months you totally get into the groove and routine.
I usually do my budget for the month, mostly because I get paid once per month. Dh gets paid everyother week, and so I have the bulk of the bills paid at the first of the month and then some other smaller bills for the second or third week of the month.

I am very proud and happy that you ladies are making this step. It will totally change your families lives for the better!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools