Baby Corner

Old 09-03-06, 10:39 AM
SAHM and Lucky Wife

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%
Default meals

How do you plan for your supper dished every week....do you plan ahead and stick to it...or do you wing it and decide as you go? And if you do plan ahead what are the meals that you are having this next week Mon.-Sun? I have tried the meal planning before and it works fine, I just end up not eating very often as I am a picky eater and decide something doesn't sound good to me that night.

Old 09-03-06, 11:00 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

i try to plan out meals for about 5 nights before i go food shopping. I don 't decide what day we are having what but i plan for 5 or 6 nights total then that day decide knowing that i have all the ingredients in the house.

sometimes i look at the list and think that i am not in the mood for any of that and those are the nights we either eat out or i go buy stuff to make something else

Old 09-03-06, 11:26 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 6 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I just buy what i feel like at the grocery store.
I am going to try and start meal planning for this week.

Old 09-03-06, 11:57 AM
SAHM and Lucky Wife

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

That is usually what I do....I will just go up and down the aisles and say "oh, this will be good for supper" and throw it in the cart...and then later that week I feel like there is nothing to eat...I really need to go back to "meal planning" as it will save me a lot of $$ and I need to just have a "backup" for me to eat incase whatever I plan for that night doesn't sound good....like a french bread pizza or something that is quick and easy that I can eat after everyone else has eaten.....otherwise it is guarenteed that the girls will want whatever I am eating because it is different...LOL

Old 09-04-06, 09:05 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 8607%

This week is as follows:

Tonight: Pork chops, scalloped or roasted potatoes
Tuesday: Inside-Out Chicken Pot Pie
Wednesday: Pasta Roni and grilled cheese--Something simple since DH will be golfing
Thursday: Burgers on the grill
Friday: Leftover burgers
Saturday: Probably leftovers from our big Habitat picnic--or whatever I can find in the pantry.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools