Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters Oh CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!

Oh CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 07-11-08, 01:01 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 44.29%
Default Oh CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!

After much going back and forth, DH and I just recently (like we're talking last week) settled on staying put in our house until after we find out if we're really having another baby, having the baby, seeing what type of space we need, etc. We'll obviously need a 4th br but sometimes you get surprised what is really important, ya know. And of course there is that chance that we might *not* get pg again, and if that's the case, then we could buy a bigger 3br home.

SO yesterday we get this letter in the mail, about this 4-phase, 30some acre apartment complex going in and asking for off-street parking to be allowed (it was an invitation to the zoning meeting). The APARTMENT COMPLEX IS GOING UP LITERALLY IN OUR BACKYARD. Right now, where we live is in a neighborhood, but it's so quaint and almost rural because we're the last street in the neighborhood in town. So our house backs up on woods and then a farm (they're selling the farm and woods).

So basically, if we want out, now's the time, before these apartments go up. Our neighborhood is one of the older ones in the town (but still pretty sought after because it's tree-lined and not cookie-cutter, very middle class) but there is also a lot of new construction all around the town as well.

And.. I can guarantee the city is going to let this happen because the way it'll work is the ppl (or landlord) will be paying taxes for our town, but they will be in the next school district over, so the kids won't go to our school.

I don't know what to do now! Did I say... CRAP!?!?!?!

Old 07-11-08, 01:39 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

I'd say it's time to stake a FOR SALE sign in the yard and start dreaming.

Even if you have to take a little hit in the selling price right now, it might be NOTHING in comparison to the value after the complex is complete.

I'd put that sucker on the market yesterday.

Old 07-11-08, 01:42 PM
is worn out from Football 24/7
Proud Mommy

Thanked 95 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I know how you feel, we have condo like town houses going up around my house. I don't know if it's close enough to affect our value. I'm sorry though.

Old 07-11-08, 05:13 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

Now dh is kind of acting like I'm freaking out over nothing. There is 100 acres in all, and there are going to be 120 units, 30% with garages, and it's going to be something like 40 acres. To me though, they're going to be using our street to cut through (people do already) and I just think it's a good sign to get the he!! out.

Old 07-11-08, 05:32 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

Run like the wind!!!!

Sell NOW!!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools