Baby Corner

Old 03-04-09, 02:17 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 152 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Shocked, but happy.

We hardly ever get a tax refund and if we do it is minimal and we then usually owe NJ money so it washes out. My DH works in NY and we live in NJ so it gets confusing sometimes with the taxes. My FIL is an accountant so he has us paying quarterly taxes and has it so we break even most years with the tax refund.

Well this year we are getting $3,500.00 back from federal.

I don't know why we are, but it has something to do with the way our investments are and we aren't getting as much interest and a few other reasons. This means we can pay the extra mortgage payment out of that instead of out of DH's bonus. We like to pay one or two extra mortgage payments each year so we pay it down quicker and this is going to help us do 2.

DH is supposed to get a bonus next month, but we're not counting on it so getting this money will really help us out. If we do get a good bonus then we will buy some family room furniture with it and sock the rest away. We are in desperate need of new couches for that room. We've been putting it off for atleast a year now.

I guess this makes up for my anger over how much we ended up paying last year in taxes because we sold some stock when we thought we were buying a different house.

Old 03-04-09, 03:31 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

That's great news!!!!

Old 03-04-09, 04:08 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

that's awesome!

I would LOVE to get some new furniture

right now, what we have is so terrible, I won't even be able to give it away for free on Craigslist.

Old 03-04-09, 05:52 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 63 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

That is awesome, unexpected money is the best!

Old 03-17-09, 06:47 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Indeed a Good news!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools