Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

So we're staying

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 01-19-09 | 10:53 AM
  • In our current house.
    So as I mentioned, our listing expires on the fifth of February....
    We did toss around the idea of relisting, but really, we love our house, yard, neighborhood, etc, it just needs to be bigger. While a newer house would be great, I LOVE our mortgage payment and our taxes which are next to nothing and in a great school district. Staying here will just allow us more flexibility and less stress if DH were to have to go down to 4 days, if I got pg again and wanted to stay home longer, etc. Hopefully the guy who owns the land behind us will consider selling us a small bit directly behind us (we've already talked to him) when his listing expires with his realtor so we won't have to worry about any future developments. With things the way they are I could definitely see us being able to refinance into a 15 year mortgage and how great would that be to have our home paid off???

So... barring some shocker offer in the next 2 weeks, you're stuck with me rambling on here, since I won't be packing up to move!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 01-19-09 | 12:37 PM
  • Congrats on the decision. I know how "limbo" feels and it's not fun. Hopefully the landowner will allow you to buy that land so you won't have to worry about development.

And good luck with the 15-year. It makes a WORLD of difference!!

I'm glad you've made a decision and it really sounds like you're happy with the choice you've made. YAY!!

• skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 01-19-09 | 07:41 PM
  • I think that's a wise plan for the time being.
    Now... start dreaming of your remodel.