Baby Corner

Old 04-07-09, 11:35 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 63 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 8.57%
Default Sticking to the plan

For those of us who started the New Year off with plans of staying focus and paying off debt/loans how are you doing?

Iíve been doing well since following Dave Ramseyís plan; I now incorporate my spending in our monthly budget. I must say itís HARD to say focus because I am a natural born shopper.

No one ever said it would be easy but we are determined to stick it out.

What is proving to be the hardest thing for you? the easiest?

Old 04-07-09, 12:29 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

We're doing pretty good. We've had to use one of the cards we had paid off because we have something big and unexplected happen...but we are on track to get it paid off again very soon.

Old 04-07-09, 12:50 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%

We pay our final payment on part one of our debt consolidation next month. Yippeee!

We still have a long way to go but that does feel really really good!

Old 04-07-09, 04:03 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

We are trying to stick to the Dave Ramsey plan too! Dh wanted to do the envelope thing, but there are only 3 things that we can think of that we really would be able to d that with, so we are working on that!

I think the hardest part for us is the not eating out. We have REALLY cut back, but we do go out here and there, BUT we only use the debit card or cash. AND when we do make stuff and have leftovers, we do that a couple of meals and have leftovers for a meal or two.

The easiest thing... that's a tough one! I think it's the debt snowball. We have really stuck to getting that worked off, and dh keeps signing up for extra hours at work (except last weekend we had a TON of plans so he couldn't work overtime.) He will get paid holiday pay for Friday AND he's working, so it'll be like 2.5 times his normal pay! AND he signed up to work 4 extra hour/day all next week. LOTS of overtime coming up! We'll have our credit card paid off in no time and be down to the the normal bills, the van payment and the house payment!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools