Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters Thinking of switching jobs

Thinking of switching jobs

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 07-17-08, 12:26 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.25%
Default Thinking of switching jobs

I know this is a really scarey time to be job hunting. DH is a teacher. He was on a temp contract last year and at the end of the year they had to cut most of the temp contracts so he's been looking all summer. He finally got called back from the same school district, but a different school. He also gets a continuing contract this year! Whoo Hoo! But the pay is still pretty much crap.
I work for Girl Scouts and while I love the organization and feel good about being a part of it, it is a non profit, so my pay is even worse than DH's.
I was hoping Dh would get a College teaching job that would enough for me to stay home with the kids, but he still hasn't heard anything from the ones he's applied for, so if he gets one it will be an 11th hour type thing!
We actually have fairly low unemployement here in Tulsa, and it seems the account/managment jobs that I qualify for are starting to pay enough to make me consider changing.
I hate job searching though! And it is even harder when I am actually working. Someone at work just landed a new job yesterday and it will pay almost twice what she is making here...and they are hiring a second person, so I slipped her my resume this morning.
Here's hoping!

Last edited by Janine; 07-17-08 at 02:31 PM.

Old 07-17-08, 12:31 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 5379.38%

Ooh, good luck! Hopefully this one will pan out and you won't have to do the whole hunting thing...that's the pits!

And who knows?? Maybe that college position will still be offered to DH at the last minute and all skies will be bright and sunny!

Old 07-17-08, 12:34 PM
is worn out from Football 24/7
Proud Mommy

Thanked 95 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

I hope it works out and your happy.

Old 07-17-08, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 38.75%

Hope at least one of you gets something! A friend of mine got a job at a college and they called her literally a week or two before she was to start.

Old 07-17-08, 02:28 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Thanks guys!

I'm still hoping on the college job..they are accepting applications through tomorrow, so it's possible they won't even start interviewing until next week.
I'm just a little worried though because Dh already went yesterday and got his room key and agreed to sponsor clubs and everything and if he backs out, this is the district we live in. I mean, his new boss was my 7th grade science teacher! So I hate to see him get in bad with the district.
But I guess I shouldn't worry too much. If he stays in public education he's going to take the classes needs to become a principal, so he probably won't even be teaching in another 3 years.

Latest Articles
What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

Kate and the Next Royal Baby Update
Where has Kate been? Get the latest scoop on Kate Middleton and her royal baby number two.

Is Stopping Your Depression Medication During Pregnancy A Good Idea?
According to one doctor, even though there are risks of taking depression medication during pregnancy, stopping the medication could be just as risky.

Throw The Perfect Toddler Halloween Party
Want to have fun this Halloween with your Toddler? Throw a party! Here are some tips for throwing the perfect toddler Halloween party.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools