Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Time to be honest

Reply Post New Topic

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 08-25-06 | 09:32 AM
  • Okay girls--this is it. Once you admit it, you won't believe how freeing it is to get it out.

So get out all of those statements: credit cards, car loans, second mortgages, lines of credit, medical bills, student loans, etc. Add them up to one number. Post them here.

Yes, it's like ripping off a bandage really fast. It's gonna hurt. But it will help to air it out.

I'll go first. Now don't leave me hangin' out here alone, girls. :fingerwave:

Ugh.....here goes nothin'

We recently paid off several credit cards, totalling about $2,000 and we paid off our car totalling $6,000. As I mentioned before, we have one credit card left--we consolidated several credit cards, along with my tuition to renew my teaching certificate. The total balance, as of this morning online, was $19,400.

Yes, we have nearly $20,000 in consumer debt (with a smidgen of that being education debt).

Okay, now I've fessed up. I don't wanna be alone here. Who's next??

• mom2nj 08-25-06 | 09:39 AM
  • you mean the total owed or what we pay montly?
  • BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 08-25-06 | 09:43 AM
  • We have 199,674.21 left on our mortgage. We have a fair bit of money saved up for Retirement and Benjamin's RESP, but I really want to make a budget work so that I don't have to go back to work.
  • Phalene Phalene's Avatar 08-25-06 | 10:38 AM
  • All told my debt right now is about $9000, down from almost $19,000 18 months ago.
  • MrsPook MrsPook's Avatar 08-25-06 | 11:19 AM
  • I honestly have no idea!

DH does the bill paying. We do have two car loans, a mortgage on our house, and several "free financing for a year" things we are paying off each month like new furniture and carpet.

Latest Articles

Baby Corner Writer Submission Guidelines

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations melissa0718!!

Enter Your Baby's Photo