Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Time to be honest

Reply Post New Topic

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 08-25-06 | 09:32 AM
  • Okay girls--this is it. Once you admit it, you won't believe how freeing it is to get it out.

So get out all of those statements: credit cards, car loans, second mortgages, lines of credit, medical bills, student loans, etc. Add them up to one number. Post them here.

Yes, it's like ripping off a bandage really fast. It's gonna hurt. But it will help to air it out.

I'll go first. Now don't leave me hangin' out here alone, girls. :fingerwave:

Ugh.....here goes nothin'

We recently paid off several credit cards, totalling about $2,000 and we paid off our car totalling $6,000. As I mentioned before, we have one credit card left--we consolidated several credit cards, along with my tuition to renew my teaching certificate. The total balance, as of this morning online, was $19,400.

Yes, we have nearly $20,000 in consumer debt (with a smidgen of that being education debt).

Okay, now I've fessed up. I don't wanna be alone here. Who's next??

• mom2nj 08-25-06 | 09:39 AM
  • you mean the total owed or what we pay montly?
  • BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 08-25-06 | 09:43 AM
  • We have 199,674.21 left on our mortgage. We have a fair bit of money saved up for Retirement and Benjamin's RESP, but I really want to make a budget work so that I don't have to go back to work.
  • Phalene Phalene's Avatar 08-25-06 | 10:38 AM
  • All told my debt right now is about $9000, down from almost $19,000 18 months ago.
  • MrsPook MrsPook's Avatar 08-25-06 | 11:19 AM
  • I honestly have no idea!

DH does the bill paying. We do have two car loans, a mortgage on our house, and several "free financing for a year" things we are paying off each month like new furniture and carpet.