Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters >
Unexpected income boost...

Unexpected income boost...

Reply Post New Topic

• wagnerkr wagnerkr's Avatar 01-19-07 | 01:23 AM
  • I posted some of this on the SAH & WAH moms board.

A neighbor of mine from down the street with 3 1/2 month old boy is having to go back to work and has asked me to keep their baby for approx 2 hrs each morning Tues - Fri. It will be from about 8:00 - 10:00 when her hubby gets off work and can then care for the baby. They have offered to pay me $10/hr

That will be a nice boost to our monthly income that was totally unexpected. I think some of the first things we'll do with the extra income is get our wills taken care of and get a passport for me and Lucas. My old one is long since expired and Lucas has never had need of one, but we're hoping to do a family cruise sometime in the next year or two and will probably need it then so might as well go ahead and get one set up for him.
    If things go well this could be an indefinite arrangement just depending on their needs and whether or not I succeed in getting PG anytime soon. I'm not sure I'd want to continue trying to care for their baby, plus Lucas and a newborn of my own, but at any rate that would be several months down the road. I'm just excited at the opportunity not just for the $$, but also the chance to establish a lasting relationship with some of my neighbors.

• Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 01-19-07 | 02:10 AM
  • Wow that is great about the extra money. That is wonderful that your neighbors think so highly of you

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 01-19-07 | 10:28 AM
  • AWESOME! I like it when things like this happen. It's such a small time commitment on your part but the monetary reward can add up quickly!!
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 01-19-07 | 02:11 PM
  • That sounds great!