Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Vacation

Reply Post New Topic

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 08-30-06 | 10:11 AM
  • How much did you spend on your last vacation?

Do you take a vacation every year?

Do you pay cash for it or do you put it on credit?

Do you have any regrets about it?
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 08-30-06 | 10:13 AM
  • How much did you spend on your last vacation? We just flew to NJ to visit DH's brother & sister-in-law's family. We spend $300.

Do you take a vacation every year? Nope. We are planning a fun vacation in the summer of 2008 that we will pay for in CASH only!

Do you pay cash for it or do you put it on credit? We paid cash for our flight--and that's all we spent.

Do you have any regrets about it? I do actually regret it just a little. We could have used that $300 toward our debt, but we took no vacation for the last 3 years and hadn't been there in that long, either. It was WAY cheaper than it would have been to drive, eat out, stay in a hotel halfway, etc. so on that hand, I don't regret it!
  • Elizabeth Elizabeth's Avatar 08-30-06 | 10:24 AM
  • How much did you spend on your last vacation? about $400 for a camping trip.

Do you take a vacation every year? We go camping every summer.

Do you pay cash for it or do you put it on credit? I only work with cash. no cash, no vacation.

Do you have any regrets about it? nope. everyone needs a vacation at least once a year
  • DEE DEE's Avatar 08-30-06 | 10:38 AM
  • How much did you spend on your last vacation? Hmmmm.....I am going to ballpark it here and say between $2000 and $2500

Do you take a vacation every year? DH and I have traveled to Mexico (Cancun, Riviaria Maya, Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, Acapulco, etc.) 3 times a year for the past 6 years. Now that I'm pregnant with our first I'm sure that will change.

Do you pay cash for it or do you put it on credit? We always book online because it's cheaper and easier so we put it on credit but then pay it off as soon as we get the bill so even though we put it on credit we pay cash immediately.

Do you have any regrets about it? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! We both LOVE to travel and have such beautiful lifetime memories from each and every trip. I love my DH more than life itself but I swear, spending 6-8 days in romantic Mexico makes me fall for him deeper and deeper time and time again.

Next years trips are already planned and money is being put aside. We will have a baby next year so things will be different for us. We are going to bring the baby to Playa Del Carmen (Mexico) in May. My DH wants us to spend my first Mother's Day celebrating there.

(We have been trying for this baby for 9 years and have a lot to celebrate!) We are driving to Tennessee with the baby and renting a cabin in the Smokey Mountains for a week in August, in Pigeon Forge. I think it will be a very relaxing trip and perfect for an infant. Then in December when the baby is 14 months old my DH and I are going to go to the Riviara Maya (Mexico) for 3 nights, 4 days without the baby. It's going to be a shorter trip but I can't imagine spending any more time away from the baby. (I actually think when the time comes we'll probably be bringing her with anyway.)

• Sheri Sheri's Avatar 08-30-06 | 10:59 AM
  • No vacations until the kids are older.