Baby Corner

Old 05-26-09, 06:29 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%
Default Vacation

Are you taking a vacation this summer? If so, where are you going and for how long? How much do you anticipate spending altogether (lodging, food, gas/flight, souvenirs, etc.)? How will you pay (CC, cash, other)?

Old 05-26-09, 06:39 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%

Well... we had this trip planned to go to Florida before we got our little surprise, so we're still going. We're going to drive to FL for a little over a week. We'll stay at SILs for free, so our only cost will be gas, and the activities we want to do. I hope to pay cash for most of it. SIL already took the week off and we've been planning it for several months. It'll be nice to be able to go to the grocery store and buy food instead of eating out 3 meals a day.

Old 05-26-09, 07:06 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

We aren't going to do a big vacation this year and use the money towards debt instead since we want to do Disney next summer. My FIL bought us all season passes to Silver Dollar City and that is only a 3.5 hour drive from here so we'll do a few day and weekend trips up there. my sisiter lives in west Branson so even when we can't use our timeshare, we still have a place to stay.

Old 05-26-09, 08:49 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

we are!
We're going to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons for a week!

we'll be camping (mostly) and we'll stay in a hotel on the way there and back.

The lodging (tent and hotel) is going to be $180 for the week.
The gas will be probably just under $200
And food will be probably $100 or so for the week.
(yeah, we're cheap eaters)
Oh, and the entrance fee for the park is $25 for 7 days so add it all together and we're talking a little over $500 for 9 days.
Not too shabby if you ask me!

edited to add:
I registered for our campsites online using my credit card. I pay that off monthly.
We also pay for gas using credit cards when travelling usually and we will use our debit card to pay for the food.

Since I pay off the credit card, we are paying for everything upfront in a matter of speaking but have an additional 'risk security' not afforded via cash.

Last edited by skyqueen; 05-27-09 at 12:36 AM.

Old 05-26-09, 09:45 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 1220%

We aren't vacationing this summer but will be going to Disney in October or early Nov. We have been saving and we will pay cash for everything. We stay in a medium grade motel, but we love it because it is directly across the street from the entrance and perfect for when you are coming in after a long day or coming back for a nap. We also take snacks and breakfast stuff, the place has a microwave and fridge, it helps save on food.

Last edited by Valleygirl; 05-26-09 at 09:47 PM.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools