Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Whoo Hoo!

Reply Post New Topic

• Janine Janine's Avatar 12-01-06 | 12:56 PM
  • We just found out today that our mortgage payment went down $60!!!!!

I told DH we would go ahead and pay the new amount this month since things are tight from Christmas....after we pay off those credit cards, If we could continue paying that extra $60 a month that would add almost 1 extra payment a year!

• Oreo Oreo's Avatar 12-01-06 | 11:17 PM
  • That is just what Dave Ramsey would tell you to do -- or apply the $60/month to your lowest payment on the debt snowball and then roll it on down the line with each account!!

Yeah for you!!!

• Janine Janine's Avatar 12-02-06 | 02:42 AM
  • Ah...but I am already doing the Dave Ramsey thing and paying off all the credit cards in January!! Then the only debt we will have will be the house, the car(s), and some furniture we financed when we bought this house. We *think* we can knock out the furniture and my car by the end of the summer. But we will also be buying DH a newer car at the begining of the summer. But DH is a school teacher...so tonight we were dicussing the idea of him getting an extra job for the summer just pay off the rest of the debt.If we can get it down to just the house being debt, I could make 1 1/2 payments a month!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 12-02-06 | 11:08 PM

•  
    You girls ROCK! That's such a nice bonus, Janine!

And Sarah--YOU GO GIRL!

You're really "getting" the Dave Ramsey thing.