Baby Corner

Old 02-17-11, 11:12 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%
Default WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!

As soon as I call and get the balance, we will be officially CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE!!!! We just got our tax return back, which is enough to pay it off completely, plus pay for our trip to Florida we have planned in October (Well, the airfare and tickets to either busch gardens or disney).

Next up, we are movingon to our HELOC and then onto DH's car.

The great part about all this is that we're actually living within our means and have no reason to start charging stuff up again. It's been super hard at times! I love shopping for the boys and LOVE taking a few hours to hit the outlet malls and spend $100 or so on the kids clothes. However, now I just know when I can do it, and I also know when they actually *need* stuff or not.

I've probably made close to $300 on e-bay. I've been taking advantage of the free listing fees (no charge unless you sell). I need to keep going.

I've also noticed that selling things and paying off our debt or using that money directly FOR something (like Matthew's getting a new bed and I used e-bay money to redecorate his room) helps lessen the blow of the fact that we're done with babies. I don't feel like I'm "losing" things but like I'm trading up!

Old 02-17-11, 11:23 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

Congratulations!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-11, 12:20 AM
is cancer free :)
Community Member

Thanked 432 Times
Weekly Activity 920%

that's awesome!

Old 02-18-11, 07:15 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

That is awesome! I love the idea of "trading up" and I am glad that is making it a bit easier for you.
Go you!

Old 02-18-11, 07:51 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 1620%

WTG!!!!

I need to know more about that ebay free sell thing.

Latest Articles
Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools