Baby Corner

Old 07-15-08, 10:34 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 162%

My dh is so anal and researched for over a year and paid to just talk to different lawyers to get a feel for how things should work. He is obsessive when it comes to money.

I got so sick of hearing about it I wanted a divorce if he didn't just have it done.

We have one particular piece of commercial property right at the Atlanta airport that is over 50 acres and worth a good bit of money so that is our main concern in protecting it, not paying out the wazoo taxes on it and such.

Old 07-15-08, 10:54 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 8607%

Yeah, those taxes are a ripoff!!

We have our set up that everything goes into a trust for the girls and we have a custodian of the money who is SEPARATE from the guardian of the children. This way, the guardian doesn't dip into the money for personal reasons and say it's for the children. Not that they'd EVER do that but our friend said he's seen it happen. So he suggested we have someone other than the guardian be in charge of the trust. Then the custodian (my aunt and Andy's dad is the backup) will disseminate the money as necessary to cover the girls' expenses (college, living expenses, etc.).

We've also spoken with the guardians and the custodians about our wishes and they know what we'd want.

Old 07-15-08, 11:00 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 162%

Yes we have seperator Executor, custodian (that's not the word used in our trust but I can't think of it) and guardians. We also have 3 named of each so that if something happens to the first one then there are 2 more in line before a court appoints one.

Oh and in our trust it states if we get divorced that this document is null and void. We'll have to fight it out in court at that point.

We also have it in there that college is paid for in full up till 1 MD is earned so in other words no one child can milk this fund by being a professional student.

Old 07-15-08, 11:07 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 8607%

Those professional students crack me up!!

Old 07-15-08, 11:09 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 162%

Yes and I've had a few in mine and Randy's family. I could totally see Brent doing this.

I was the one that mentioned putting that revision in the will.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools