Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters are you going to be cutting back on holiday budgets?

are you going to be cutting back on holiday budgets?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-10-08, 03:39 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 152 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I will be planning more carefully this year I know that. We do not need anymore toys in this house and I plan on getting things she needs. There are a few things I know she wants so we'll see what happens.

We're trying really hard to watch our spending "just in case" things get horrible.

Old 10-10-08, 11:33 PM
Mommy to Two Boys!

Thanked 25 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

DH and I are done for our two boys except for there one big present each. We start X-Mas shopping very early. For extended family we only by for our parents and nieces and nephews, this year there our 12 nieces and nephews. For our each other presents we normally just take each other out for one night alone with no kids!!

Old 10-13-08, 10:48 AM
is blessed
Mom of Two

Thanked 36 Times
Level: 6
Weekly Activity 32420%

wow! 12 nieces and nephews??? no one in our family ever has enough money to buy for everyone.. there are 25 people on my side alone. Greg's side has 14 on his side. We usually do a secret santa for both families so that everyone is sure to get a gift and no one feels left out.

Old 10-13-08, 02:33 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

yeah - there's no way we can afford all the nieces and nephews. we have to draw names and/or have a white elephant exchange for my family.

For all of you who do your shopping so early -----
aren't you worried about being able (or not) to return gifts? Or allow for others to be able to return your gifts? When you buy so early, the receipts these days are only good for a short period of time... and that's definately before Christmas for many stores right now...

Old 10-18-08, 09:49 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

We have decided not to buy much for dd, her birthday is in November and she has both sets of granparents as well as her aunts/uncles buying for her too. At 1 she won't even really know what is going on anyway! Dh and I stopped exchanging for Christmas with each other, dd is our gift, and that is how it will stay until I stop being a stay at home mom!

Latest Articles
Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

The Controversy over the Most Popular Boy's Name in the U.K.
A few days ago, the news media made the world was aware that the most popular boy's baby name in the U.K. was not Muhammed.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools