Baby Corner

Old 10-29-09, 09:52 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Your cheapest dinner meal?

What is your cheapest meal that you make for dinner?

I think mine is chicken pot pie.

It is $4.99 for the rotisserie chicken, .65 for the can of cream of chicken soup, .89 for the frozen veggies and I have the milk, bisquick and eggs in the house at all times!

Easy Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie
2 cups frozen veggies-thawed (The frozen boxes are this size)
2 cups cooked chicken (I use a rotisserie one from the store and cut it up-you can use leftovers, canned chicken, etc)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup bisquick
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, beaten

Preheat oven to 400
Mix thawed veggies, chicken and soup in glass pie plate- add salt and pepper to taste. In a separate bowl, mix bisquick, milk and eggs. Pour batter over chicken/veggie mixture. Bake for 30 minutes.

4 servings

Old 10-29-09, 10:26 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 37.14%

OOh that sounds so yummy Beth!
I think my cheapest meal would prob be Chili.
Ground Turkey $3.00, Kidney Beans 2x $.88, Chili Bean $.88, Canned Diced Tomatoes 2x $1.29, 1 pack of chili seasoning. We have this at least once a week.
Thank you Keepers!
teddybear1082 (10-29-09)

Old 10-29-09, 10:48 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 115.71%

Spaghetti.

We use vension so that is free, spaghetti sauce I make using tomatoes and spices / water etc probably costs ($4), noodles $1.50, Garlic Bread ($2) and sometimes a salad which ups the cost a lot with the fresh veggies.

Thank you savannah33!
teddybear1082 (10-29-09)

Old 10-29-09, 12:19 PM
is enjoying the warm weather
VIP Member

Thanked 624 Times
Weekly Activity 30%

That pie does sound yummy!

The very cheapest would be corn chowder- 1 lg can cream style corn $1.89, few potatoes $0.50, 1/4 milk $0.50, and a little margarine $0.25. I'm estimating on the last 3 ingredients.

Also cheap-

ground beef/pasta/tomato soup- 1 lb gr beef $1, 1/2 box elbow mac $1, 1 can soup $0.59 (if on sale)- if I add canned tomatoes another $0.50

frozen tortellini or ravioli- $2 per bag, 1 can pasta sauce $1.25

spaghetti- 1 box pasta $2, 1 lb gr beef $1, 1 can pasta sauce $1.25
Thank you Sheri!
teddybear1082 (10-29-09)

Old 10-29-09, 12:44 PM
is LOVING ALL MY BOYS!!!!!
Community Member

Thanked 125 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I think mine would be a smoked sasage and potato skillet meal.

1 small onion diced (I always have on hand)

One pkg smoked sausage $1.49 (Sold by the hotdogs and in a package like polish sausage, we like the smoked better. Cut into kinda 1/2" cube type pieces.

A few potatos (I always have on hand)

Sometimes if I have it or have the money I will add a few slices of bacon cut into tiny pieces and saute with the onion(really adds nice flavor)
Or I just use a little bacon grease to saute the onion till softened and
add sausage and potatos. Cook until potatos get slightly browned. Salt and pepper to taste. My Kids love this, I will also sometimes either add a can of green beans to the skillet once everything is cooked just to heat the grean beans through. Or I will serve mixed veggies on the side. Really cheap I make this a lot! The kids eat theirs with ketchup.
Thank you wymeg!
teddybear1082 (10-29-09)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools