Old 04-20-07, 08:03 AM
is ready for some football!!
Michelle - VIP CL

Thanked 793 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%
Lightbulb Book calendar 04/20/07

FOR ARGUMENTíS SAKE

Children are more disconnected from nature than ever before. Many prefer to play inside with electronic games and TV, and many parents prefer it too, feeling it is safer for them to be in the house. Child advocate Louv offers a passionate plea to return children to the natural world in this eye-opening book. He reveals that wonderful things can happen when a child experiences the outdoors, including longer attention spans, compassion, and a deeper connection to family. A wonderful, deeply felt call to change that all parents should heed.

LAST CHILD IN THE WOODS: SAVING OUR CHILDREN FROM NATURE-DEFICIT DISORDER, by Richard Louv (Algonquin, 2005)

Old 04-20-07, 09:13 AM
is Uber Busy...
Kaleb's Mom

Thanked 126 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

not really my kind of read.

Old 04-20-07, 12:54 PM
VIP Member

Location: Originally from PA. Now live in OK. Did, however, spend 5 yrs in HK.
Thanked 129 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Doesn't sound like something I'd go out of my way to pick up, but it does sound like it could be good. I guess I'd have to flip through it to determine for sure if was worth giving a try.

Old 04-20-07, 04:42 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I probably wouldn't read this.

Latest Articles
What You Should Know about Enterovirus-68
Enterovirus-68, a respiratory virus that has hundreds of children treated in the hospital is spreading across the country. Here's what you need to know if your baby or child gets sick.

Labor & Delivery Photographers: A New Trend
Your labor is packed, and you are ready to go. However, one person you might be forgetting about is the photographer. A new trend is hiring a photographer to capture the precious moments of when your baby first enters the world is now a must have!

Does Your Baby Need Probiotic Formula?
Probiotics are naturally present in your baby's stomach, but some formulas have probiotics added to it. Doe you baby really need probiotic add to his/her baby formula?

A Guide to Baby Clothes: From Sizes to Styles
Have you ever noticed that baby clothes are sized by age, instead of by measurements? Use this guide to help you pick the correct sizes for your baby. Hint: It's not by their age!

Male Fertility Also Affected by Weight
Research is now finding that overweight men may also have trouble conceiving. Find out why.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations nwad2470!

Calculators & Tools