Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Entertainment Crazy Laws and Lawsuits

Crazy Laws and Lawsuits

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-21-05, 01:38 AM
VIP Member

Location: Originally from PA. Now live in OK. Did, however, spend 5 yrs in HK.
Thanked 129 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Crazy Laws and Lawsuits

I think it was Amy that posted a preview of this book quite a while back. At that time I went ahead and put my name on the wait list for it at my library, and just now it finally came in. I picked it up today and have been reading some of it tonight, even though I'm technically in the middle of reading my other book right now. You have to read this book though if you have the chance because it's hilarious. It's insane the rules that are the books in some of these places, and even more so the lawsuits that people have actually filed. YIPES!

Crazy Laws and Lawsuits by Robert Allen

Old 09-21-05, 05:41 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 129 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

For Example:

Bruised by boobs
When Bennie Casson went to the P.T.'s Show Club, he was expecting a little fun watching the striptease. What he didn't expect was that he was about to get hit round the head by a pair of massive boobs. According to his later statement, as reported in the St. Louis Post Dispatch, one of the strippers slammer her boobs into his neck and head region after he got a little too close for comfort. Susan Sykes, the dancer (whose stage name is Busty Heart) apparently had a chest measurement of 88 inches. The sudden impact of her outsize boobs left Mr. Casson with a "bruised, contused, lacerated" neck. He decided to sue because he had been caused, "emotional distress, mental anguish, and indignity". He was hoping to claim $200,000 in compensation.

A Swift Exit
A family on vacation were driving along happily in their camper when their teenage son, who had been asleep, started to sleepwalk. He opened the door and stepped out quite oblivious to the fact that they were doing 65 mph at the time. Miraculously he was not seriously injured. Even so, his parents decided to sue the manufacturers of the camper on the grounds that they should have provided a more secure locking system.

So, I thought you girls might enjoy a little preview of some of what you can expect to read in this book if you pick it up. It really is quite hilarious.

Old 09-21-05, 08:43 PM
is Uber Busy...
Kaleb's Mom

Thanked 126 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh my gracious! I can't wait to read this one now! I have got to get it.

Old 09-23-05, 06:58 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I picked this one up at the library today, and started paging through it. Some of this stuff is just NUTS! And I totally believe it. I work for an automotive manufacturer dealing with lemon law and product liability claims all the time, and you would be amazed to see some of the stuff that comes across my desk

Old 09-24-05, 01:49 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 129 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm enjoying it, but it's amazing how people can be so ignorant. I totally believe it too, but it's still dumbfounding at the same time.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools