Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Entertainment >
David Blaine "Dive Of Death"

David Blaine "Dive Of Death"

Reply Post New Topic

• Heidi1361 Heidi1361's Avatar 09-25-08 | 01:44 PM
  • What a scam... I mean... I know magic isn't real... but he (or SOMEone) really messed up!!

There was tons of build-up for this stunt...

He hung upside down for something like 60hrs from a wire... (but I hear he was given bathroom breaks & right-side-up time hourly too)... and then he was supposed to dive from like 5 stories up to a platform below.

I switched to that channel with about 15min left of the "special" to go. They showed clips of David doing magic on the streets and HE'S GOOD at that! Anyways...

He's pulled up from hanging upside-down... he's standing on the arm of a crane getting ready to "jump". He JUMPS... but about 3/4 way down is stopped by a cable attached to his back & just hangs there for a while... then he's pulled up into the air.

Well... I COULDA DONE THAT?!?!
    (The announcer was like "How did he DO that... he just FLEW up into the atmosphere?" Um, a cable... that's how... we all saw it!)

I was looking on YouTube and I guess what was SUPPOSED to happen was he was going to jump... then the lights were going to go off while he was pulled up up and away by the cable (which I guess was attached to large black balloons). And then they'd turn the lights on & he'd be gone. BUT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN that way... someone really dropped the ball & it make David look pretty silly as he was hanging there?!?!

So... there went 15min of MY life!!
  • DanieH DanieH's Avatar 09-25-08 | 01:49 PM
  • Oh, wouldve loved to see the mess-up, but I didnt watch. I heard them talking about this yesterday on the radio that he had to take some breaks every hour, or something like that. I didnt even hear he was having a special til yesterday.
  • Heidi1361 Heidi1361's Avatar 09-25-08 | 10:58 PM
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH7l87ktGds

He jumps when the video is at 2min...
    you have to listen at the end, at one point the announcer says "... he's dissapeared..." and some woman in the crowd says "He didn't dissapear, he's over there!"
  • DanieH DanieH's Avatar 09-26-08 | 09:24 AM
  • Quote de Heidi1361
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH7l87ktGds

He jumps when the video is at 2min...
    you have to listen at the end, at one point the announcer says "... he's dissapeared..." and some woman in the crowd says "He didn't dissapear, he's over there!"

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!