Baby Corner

Old 03-18-11, 02:14 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%
Default Haunted by a book

Have you ever read a book that you can't stop thinking about? I read Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. Its written as a diary by a 16yr old girl in Pensylvania. The basic story is an asteroid hits the moon which pushes it closer to Earth and the increased gravity pull causes earthquakes, tidal waves & volcanoes. Because of the volcanos the sun is blocked and winter comes early and hard. There is no gas or oil. The girl's family was resourceful enough to know to stock up on food and firewood but life is very difficult.

Every time I look outside and the sun is shining or I bring in a load of wood for the woodstove I think of this book and what if...

Old 03-19-11, 12:00 AM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%

I've heard about this book. Is it good?

I have definitely been haunted by a book. Those tend to be some of my favorites.

Old 03-19-11, 10:12 AM
is the Proud Mom of Skye and T.J.
VIP Member

Thanked 319 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

oh yes I have been haunted by books also or even movies. Like Tim wants to watch the movie 2012 but honestly I think I will freak myself out if I watch that

Old 03-19-11, 02:08 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Weekly Activity 14120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudolphia View Post
I've heard about this book. Is it good?
Yes most of the book is written very well. I put it down a few times thinking I didn't want to finish but I kept going back to it. The book is classified as YA but I think that is because its from the POV of a teenager.

Old 03-19-11, 02:15 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Weekly Activity 14120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2skyetj View Post
oh yes I have been haunted by books also or even movies. Like Tim wants to watch the movie 2012 but honestly I think I will freak myself out if I watch that
Wait until the year 2013 and watch it then What stuck with me after watching that movie is that I can understand the rational behind mass suicide.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools