Baby Corner

Old 06-29-11, 07:59 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%
Lightbulb Page count for the June book

I read this as an ebook, and Amazon lists the page count as 336, so I'm giving everyone credit for 336 pages, fyi.

Old 06-29-11, 10:21 PM
is ready for some football!!
Michelle - VIP CL

Thanked 793 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Rudi - I don't mean to pick on you but I was just wondering - Can I ask why it matters to have all of us get credit for the same number of pages for the book club selection? You did the same thing for True Grit. When I read a book on my Kindle, I use the page count Amazon lists on the Kindle page. If someone else read a hardback vs paperback version of the book, they should get credit for however many pages their copy has, in my opinion. I think everyone just notes how many pages they read and record as noted. Or is there a reason they need to match? Honestly just curious as to your thoughts.

Old 06-30-11, 12:32 AM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I don't necessarily care. I just didn't want anyone to be upset that there was a discrepancy in page count when the content is the same but the pagination differs. I was just trying to be consistent since I'm the one accounting for number of pages on my spreadsheet. If it doesn't matter to anyone, I will just use the number of pages quoted by each participant. Anyone want to weigh in on whether this matters to you or is irrelevant?

Old 06-30-11, 02:02 PM
is ready for some football!!
Michelle - VIP CL

Thanked 793 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

And I just didn't want anyone to be upset over getting "cheated" out of pages either. It can be quite a difference in a large sized hardback copy (less pages) than a small handheld paperback copy (way more pages). Just my two cents. I thin as long as everyone gets credit for the number of pages they read, we should all be happy.

And I do want to say THANK YOU to Rudi for keeping on top off all the book club stuff this year. I feel like such a slacker, but with all the page counts, I am not sure what I can offer to help and not mess up your flow so I have just held back.

Old 06-30-11, 07:26 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

It's really no trouble to do the pages. I just tap in the numbers and the spreadsheet does all the calculations. Easy peasy. I even have the spreadsheet color-coded so the columns are the same color as each person's signature color on TBC. That way, it's easy at a glance to see whose column is whose.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools