Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Entertainment Pick It or Stick It: WHITEOUT

Pick It or Stick It: WHITEOUT

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 11-30-04, 09:20 AM
is Uber Busy...
Kaleb's Mom

Thanked 126 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%
Question Pick It or Stick It: WHITEOUT

Whiteout

by Ken Follett

Like no other suspense author in his genre, Follett reinvents the thriller with each new storyline. But nothing matches the intricate, knife-edge drama of Whiteout. A missing canister of a deadly virus. A lab technician bleeding from the eyes. Toni Gallo, the security director of a Scottish medical research firm, knows she has problems, but she has no idea of the nightmare to come.

As a Christmas Eve blizzard whips out of the north, several people converge on a remote family house. Stanley Oxenford, the research company’s director, has everything riding on the drug he is developing to fight the virus—but he isn’t the only one: His grown children, who have come to spend Christmas, have their eyes on the money it will bring; Toni Gallo, forced to resign from the police department in disgrace, is betting her career on keeping the drug safe; a local television reporter, determined to move up, has sniffed the story, even if he has to bend the facts to tell it; and a violent trio of thugs is on its way to steal it for a client already waiting—though what the client really has in mind is something that will shock them all.

As the storm worsens, the emotional sparks—jealousies, distrust, sexual attraction, rivalries—crackle; desperate secrets are revealed; hidden traitors and unexpected heroes emerge. Filled with startling twists at every turn, Whiteout rockets Follett to a class by himself.

Old 11-30-04, 09:22 AM
is Uber Busy...
Kaleb's Mom

Thanked 126 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I'm sorry girls but every time I try to post a poll with the threads it doesn't work. I don't know what is going on. So you can just post if you'd pick it or not. :girn:

Old 11-30-04, 06:01 PM
VIP Member

Location: Originally from PA. Now live in OK. Did, however, spend 5 yrs in HK.
Thanked 129 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I'd pick it

Old 12-06-04, 03:20 PM
is Uber Busy...
Kaleb's Mom

Thanked 126 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Me too!

Old 12-12-04, 11:35 AM
is ready for some football!!
Michelle - VIP CL

Thanked 793 Times
Weekly Activity 62%

Sounds interesting!

Latest Articles
Am I Pregnant or is this PMS?
Sometimes it's hard to tell if you're pregnant, or if your period is just coming late this month. Use this guide to help you tell the difference.

The EEOC Updates the Pregnancy Discrimination Act
US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has revised it's guidelines protecting working pregnant women, and those who wish to become pregnant even more than before.

Cloth Diapers vs Disposables
Should you use cloth diapers, or disposable? Find out with our cloth vs disposable diaper buying guide, and get advice on how best to choose.

How Often Should Your Baby Poop?
Find out how often your baby should poop, how you can tell if your baby might be constipated, and what treatment options are available if your baby is constipated.

Baby Bottles: Which Ones Should You Choose?
When buying baby bottles, there is a vast array of choices for expectant Moms to choose from. Here are some considerations for making this important purchase.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools