Old 08-21-11, 08:45 PM
is ready for some football!!
Michelle - VIP CL

Thanked 793 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 44.29%
Smile recent movie reviews

I have been on a movie roll lately! lol

My friends and I saw The Help and it was excellent! As good as the book!

My book club read One Day and then saw the movie today and compared and while we agreed the book was great, the movie was fine as long as you had read the book first to fill in some gaps the movie left out.

We took DS and my two cousins to The Smurfs. We thought is was cute and funny! lol

What have you seen lately? Anything good or bad? Anything coming out soon you want to see?

Old 08-21-11, 09:12 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

For the most part we are on a red box only schedule.
But... we did see The Smurfs. It was a great movie for the family. I loved sharing the Smurfs with the kids, and they loved it. Even Brady loved the cat and kept saying "Kitty! Kitty!" I don't understand, however, why every time there is a movie like that they have to take them out of their "land" and put them in the city somewhere. I'm kind of over that angle, and would have enjoyed some type of adventure right in smurfland.

Old 08-22-11, 01:40 AM
Community Member

Thanked 175 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I saw a preview for "The Vow" starring Channing Tatem and Rachel McAdams, that comes out on Valentines Day. Im a huge fan of both of them, so I would really like to go see that.

I went and saw "The Help" last Thursday with my mom, and it was excellent!! The first movie I've seen in a long time where it matches up to the book. I cried like a baby at the end lol. I forgot how Aibileen had to leave the family, and it just broke my heart to hear the little girl banging on the window not to leave. And then of course I had flashbacks of myself doing the same as a child, and drove home crying all the way. Oh well, I hope to see some nominations for these women!!

Old 08-22-11, 05:18 PM
is is needing a day off!
Admin Team

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 3540.71%

Crazy Stupid Love - Slow start, but even my husband ended up enjoying it overall. I like chick-flicks though, mindless feel-good movies make me smile.

Friends With Benefits - Lots of gratuitous sex, which would have been fine if the boy wasn't young enough to be my son.

Glee 3D - Great entertainment if you like stage performance, but the live 3D was kind of freaky for me.

Smurfs - We saw 2D. We have all been speaking "smurf" since that day. It was cute and Azreal stole the movie IMO. I really dislike cartoons, but those little blue people brought me back to my childhood and that made me smile.

Zookeeper - My 8yo and I were the only ones who saw this one. She was belly laughing at many points. I thought it was a good movie for both adults and kids.

Captain America - My husband and son said this was not as good as they expected and were slightly disappointed. No details as to why.

I think I need to lay off the theater for awhile.

Old 08-23-11, 02:57 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1008.57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickie View Post
Friends With Benefits - Lots of gratuitous sex...
I hate movies like that - too unreal - or I hope it is at least. Maybe I'm just naive thinking that normal people don't jump into bed all the time with people they barely know or don't love.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools