Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Entertainment what do you do with your old books?

what do you do with your old books?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 08-20-04, 04:22 PM
is Uber Busy...
Kaleb's Mom

Thanked 126 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Question what do you do with your old books?

Rhea's post made me start thinking. :lightbulb: What do you all do with your old books when you are done with them? Do you share them with friends? donate them to your local library? donate them to goodwill?

I normally share my books with family members & friends and I also donate the ones in good shape to my local library and take the rest to the salvation army.

Old 08-31-04, 08:16 PM
Wondermom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I have a really hard time getting rid of books. I love to read and sometimes when I can't find anything at the bookstores, I reread my older books. I probably have about 500-600 books. I've thought about going to the used book store and trading, but have never done it before and am not sure how they work.

Old 09-01-04, 05:50 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

The books I've bought that I didn't like, I tend to drop off at Goodwill. The rest, I tend to keep or give to friends. A few friends and I will present some books to each other for various things. For example, I had Hithiker's Guide to the Galaxy from when I first read it in HS. I gave it to a friend that was moving (changing jobs). He knew it was a used book, but there is something more personal about a book someone has had for many years. I know that must sound strange, but that is what a few of us do.

I also try to swap with friends. That works out well too.

-Cheryl

Old 09-01-04, 01:28 PM
is Uber Busy...
Kaleb's Mom

Thanked 126 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I have a hard time getting rid of books too. I am a bookaholic! My husband fusses because I have so many books and I keep buying more.

Old 09-03-04, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

Location: Originally from PA. Now live in OK. Did, however, spend 5 yrs in HK.
Thanked 129 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I have a hard time getting rid of books, but when I know they are ones I'm not likely to read again then I take them to the used book store for trade. We have a great used bookstore here, so I can trade in my old ones and get store credit. I like this cycle.

Oh, and if the ones I'm wanting to get rid of aren't ones the store will take then I let them donate them to the underpriviledged book drive they do.

All my good books- Koontz, King, etc I keep nice and tidy on my bookshelf.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools